cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category do ot change for sub-item in BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I create main item using MM01, Gen item cat. grop in basic data 1 in ERLA and Item cat. group in Sales org. 2 is LUMF

and similarily i created other items useing MM01 (for making sub item of main item) Gen Item Cat grop in basic data 1 is NORM and Item cat group in Sales Org. is also NORM.

When i create sales order (OR) and enter main item only, when i press enter (green button at right top), BOM automatically explode and Item Category of main item change to TAP main item become in display mode BUT ITEM CATEGORY of sub items do not change (it remains the same as TAN), i should also change to TAE

and also when i save this document it shows error at bottam that prising PR00 is missing. When i edit and give price of each sub item, i can save document and all prices which i am giving just now is automatically added in net value at header lavel.

Please any one can advice me where i am doing wrong

Rajesh

Email: rksingh177@hotmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Item Category Group should be the same in Basic data 1 & Sales Org 2. It should be the same by default.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Please check in customizing.IN assign item category menu

S.doc typeitem cat. groupUsageHigh lvl itemiem cate.

ORERLA TAQTAE.

IN MM01 ERLA and LUMF can not be assigned to same material.They are alternative item category group.

ERLA is used when you want to price Main item in BOM and sub-item are not priced.

LUMF is used when main item in BOM is not priced but sub-item(individual component) are priced.

In SAles org vie 2- you have assigned LUMF,that is each sub-item is priced.hence you are able save the document.Since You have maintained price in VK11 for each sub-item and item category of sub-item is not getting vhanged from TAN to TAE.

But if you maintained ERLA in Sales org view 2 and redo all steps,your problem will be solved.

vrajesh