cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 4.0 Configuration: SLDAPIUSER role

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SPRO, SAP Reference IMG -> SAP Solution Manager -> Basic Settings -> SAP Solution Manager System -> System Landscape -> Automatic System Landscape Data Capture -> Connection of System Landscape Directory to Solution Manager -> Generate authorization roles for SLD users

When I display user SLDAPIUSER in client 001, there are no roles defined. I cannot continue with Authorizations without this role. Does anyone know what the default role for this user should be?

Regards,

Vince Ingram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/78/20244134a56532e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

It seems that SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER contains the auths objects necessary for the JCo RFC Provider Service.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you decide not to use client 001 as your working client, you must copy client 001, not 000, to the new client (i.e client 300) in the Solution Manager.

Regards,

LEH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

After my 1st reply I was goind through "Component Installation Guide: SAP NetWeaver 2004s Java on Windows: MS SQL Server", this what I found want in that document:

In transaction SU01 create the following <b>dialog users</b> (<b>you do not need to assign them to a role</b>):

Caution

You must have changed the initial passwords of these users [page 77] before you start the installation of the Java system.

<b>ADSUSER</b>:

User for Adobe document services

<b>SLD Data supplier user (optional):</b>

You only have to create this user if you want to install SAP System Landscape Directory (SLD). The SLD data supplier user name that you enter later on during the Java system installation must be identical to this user.

Recommendation

We recommend that you name this user <b>SLDDSUSER</b>

<b>SLD ABAP API user (optional):</b>

You only have to create this user if you want to install SAP System Landscape Directory (SLD). The SLD ABAP API user name that you enter later on during the Java system installation must be identical to this user.

Recommendation

We recommend that you name this user <b>SLDAPIUSER</b>

I dont know I am still confused about these users because they have been used in services.

Thank You,

Indasena Janga

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just as confused as you are. I opened a message with SAP, but still have not received a useful answer. It seems that there is no default role for this user, as our Solution Manager system seems to be working fine. I guess the documentation needs some revision.

Regards,

Vince

former_member635099
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Indrasena,

with respect to "Did you find the default role for the user SLDAPIUSER in client 001?

I am having the same issue that our Basis team have done client copy from client 000. Now we have client 000,001 and 300. There are few users in 001 (SLDAPIUSER, SLDDSUSER and SAPJSF) that are not there in either 000 or 300 ..."

I think that you must copy the client starting from 000 (customizing) and then copy User Master data and profiles starting from client 001. It is indicate in the IMG SOL MAN activity.

I hope this help you

Domenico

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would login to 001 download the rsolution manager roles onto my local PC and then login to 300 and upload these roles and generate the profiles and then assign to the user of my choice

or just get transaction/profile names from those roles and recreate the roles afresh in 300. Better stil you can create composite roles of your choice eg remote and onsite and use different combinations of systems roles

let me know if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Did you find the default role for the user SLDAPIUSER in client 001?

I am having the same issue that our Basis team have done client copy from client 000. Now we have client 000,001 and 300. There are few users in 001 (SLDAPIUSER, SLDDSUSER and SAPJSF) that are not there in either 000 or 300.

But these users have been used in SLD Data Supplier, JCo RFC Provider services and SLDAPICUST transaction. When I was trying to create above 3 users in client 300, I was checking for assigned roles in client 001, nothing found there.

Can you please let us know what role(s) did you assign?

Thank You,

Indrasena Janga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VIncent,

Try copying the role "SOLUTION_MANAGER_ERP" which contains authorizations for Service Data control center, Local Transaction statistics.

Thanks

Sudhan Shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

From a search for roles with the criteria SOLUTION_MANAGER, I found the following:

SAP_SV_SOLUTION_MANAGER

SAP_SV_SOLUTION_MANAGER_DISP

SAP_SV_SOLUTION_MANAGER_EDIT

SAP_SV_SOLUTION_MANAGER_ONSITE

SAP_SV_SOLUTION_MANAGER_REMOTE

SAP_SV_SOLUTION_MANAGER_REPORT

Which of these would you suggest?

Vince