Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSON Sniffer Tool

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey All,

Please let me know if there is any JSON sniffer tool that I can use to check traffic going out of PI. I am using REST Receiver Adapter in PI and have selected "Convert XML to JSON". ABAP and Java stack gives me the XML options but I need to check the JSON messages that PI is sending to target system.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

In addition to upgrading the REST Adapter, SAP recommended to upgrade the whole Java Stack to make use of the logging.

Since we cannot upgrade PI server right now, I cannot confirm or deny if that would solve the problem or not.

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saif,

You can make use of standard functionality of a REST adapter in PI and log JSON content, so that you can later check it in Message Monitor for a processed message. This functionality was introduced in PI 7.31 SP15 / 7.4 SP10 and is described in a SAP Note 2079486.

Regards,

Vadim

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Great, Thanks a lot Vadim.

We are on PI 7.4 SP 9 so i need to get basis team upgrade to SP 10.

Thanks

benedikt_bludau2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saif,

you can try to set the trace level for the Adapter on Debug. Go to NWA --> Java Log Configuration.

Then you can see the Payloads, etc. in the Java System Log.

I think the best way ist to use the XPI Inspector.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/01/12/michals-pi-tips-xpi-inspector--he...

Here you can start a trace to a particular channel. This is very helpful, if you are looking for an error.

regards,

Benedikt

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Vadim,

We have upgraded to SP15 and have also checked the "Log JSON Message".

However, communication channel monitoring is still showing XML payload, could you please advise where we can see the converted JSON for it.

One thing I would like to add is that the message is in "failed" status due to some firewall. Is JSON content only shown for "Successful" messages or others status too ?

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

Can you please let us know which message [Request /Response] message got failed due to firewall issue?

What is the status of communication channel?

Please check the below link for your reference

Configuring the Receiver REST Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Check the outbound message in moni.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

Try this:

1) Login to Configuration and Monitoring Home of your system. Go to Adapter Engine --> Message Monitor --> Database tab and then select the message that is failing.

2) Click on Open Message button and then you will see different versions of the message processes through the system.

3) In the last step you should be able to see the JSON message going out of the SAP PI system.

Note: you may need to check what level of logging is enabled on the system as well.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

former_member210091
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Sanjeev,

When I go to Database tab and click on "Open Message", I only see one step with XML payload.

Please note that this scenario is build using classical method (not AAE) and I have checked "Log JSON Message" in Comm channel. I have also enabled sync logging in sxmb_adm.