cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FIORI Inbox - After Taking Action from Open Task Work Item is not disappearing from Inbox until you refresh manually

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are implementing SAP Netweaver 7.4 and As part of that, we are replacing UWL with SAP FIORI Inbox.

From FIORI Inbox we are clicking on Open Task to take action on work item and work item is opening in new window. Once we take action we are expecting work item should be deleted from FIORI Inbox, but we are seeing work item until we manually refresh the FIORI inbox.

Please let us know if we can do auto refresh after taking action on the work item from Open Task.

Thank you ,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you not have the functionality to approve/reject the work items from the My Inbox app itself;instead of opening task and processing it - this way it is not the Fiori app that is actually processing the work item but the back end system processes it. The Fiori app has no way to know that the work item has been processed in the back end until the app is manually refreshed. What behavior you are seeing is the expected behavior.

You can instead configure the Approve and Reject decision buttons by following the link App Implementation: My Inbox - SAP Fiori for Request Approvals 1.0 - SAP Library in the section Configuration Tasks and try to process the work item using these buttons, in this case the app will automatically refresh and remove the processed work item from the My Inbox app.

roger_beach
Participant
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply.  We have HCM Processes & Forms that come through the inbox.  The content of these items is too much to show in the preview area, thus user must open the task to review it's content and then take action on it.  UWL used to remove the workitem from the user's inbox as well as any other approvers that may have the same item.  With Fiori Inbox, you can take action and the item still sits there, not only for the user that took action but for all other approvers as well.

In terms of auto-refresh:

UWL had a refresh interval that you could set.  Why wouldn't SAP deliver the same here?