Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NWBC URL

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

While creating new connection in SAP NWBC 5.0 , in URL it says

unresolved; enter manually

I know I can copy paste URL in host port NWBC format.

But Is there something to generate this URL automatically when user is trying to create new NWBC connection

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

What Todd has said was correct for the older versions, eg 4.0.

Provided you are using a supported version (5.0 or 6.0), then yes, the connection should be generated automatically. The new format is described in SAP Note 2075150.

Check that your SAP UI landscape is configured and provisioned according to the docu:

Administrator Configuration - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Connection Configuration - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Provision of Administrator Configuration File - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Librar...

Otherwise, I would open an OSS ticket.

Best wishes,

Julie R Plummer.

julieplummer20
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

Something else occurred to me: Are you getting this error message with all systems, or just some?
Does the problem system appear no problem in your SAPLogon pad?

Also, are the relevant ICF nodes active (check SICF)?

Best wishes Julie.

0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

If you are referring to the System Selection dialog for NWBC client where SAPLogon / NWBC system connections are generated, I don't believe there is any auto-generate feature.  Need to enter the details manually.

If you're talking about system end-users, this configuration should be rolled out to them as part of SOE rather them creating their own.

Todd