cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Fields check on CM ignored

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

we have a scenario where a critical field ([payment terms) was changed in the sales order different from what is in the customer master.  In OVA8, for the combination of CM, it has critical fields checked for CM.  It should have put a credit block, however, it did not put any block on the order.  Running the CHECK_CM report, it indicates it passed the critical field check.

attached is the change log to show payment terms was changed.  Also, attached is the result of Check_CM report indicating it did not fail on the critical field check.  I thought it would be a simple one to one function where anytime a critical field is changed, it triggers a credit block.

are there other factors to this check in CM?

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to have a look at the following OSS note:-

• Note 1479897 - How to use report CHECK_CM

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks G. Lakshmipathi.

I read thru the document - however, still unclear on why the critical field check is A with a green light when the critical field Payment terms was changed during the time of the order creation to something different than what is on FD32/33.

Thanks

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can see only a part of check_cm result.

Could you upload a screenshot, where all information is visible? And also a screenshot of your OVA8 settings, please (because if you use a custom routine in OVA8, it will not be shown in check_cm)

Are you able to replicate the issue in QA/DEV system or this is an isolated  case?

Was customizing changed recently?

Was credit master data changed?

Was the order created in ERP or in CRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Please see attached screen shots of check_cm  and OVA8.

I am not able to replicate this in Q as it actually indicates credit block due to critical field change.

Master data was changed, however, it was changed few days prior to creating the order.

Order was created in ERP.

Thank you

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your customizing was not changed recently, is this correct?

What did they change in the master data - was it the payment terms?

The payment term, which is now in the order - is it the same as in the customer master or a different one?

Are you using CRM for order entry?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veselina, Customizing was changed recently, however, we always had the critical field checked with block status.  The customer master payment terms was changed, however, it was done a week prior to this sales order creation.  the payment term that is currently at the order is different than what is currently at the master.  we are using ECC for order entry.  thanks Veselina.  I just can't get around why it would not have blocked.  BTW, this is the first order for this customer.  thanks

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was the order blocked initially (B) and then rechecked, which resulted in status A?

This is the most probable situation I can think of at the moment with authorizations available to end users.

What happens if you recheck now the order in VKM4 (without saving), does it get blocked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Veselina.  Attached is the change log for the order.  It had a delivery block prior to changing the Payment Term and the delivery block was released few days after.  thanks

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you run changes for sales order with these settings:

You can see better the correct sequence of changes up to a second with tcode and changed value:

@Shiva: I thought in standard systems critical fields check is performed no matter what is the credit exposure. Which setting did you have in mind, that bypasses critical fields check (they don't use routines and exits in OVA8)?

My idea was to see if the order was created originally with wrong payment term and was blocked, then somebody changed ZERM to the correct value.This means that after changing ZTERM to the correct value, the status will be CMGST = B, CMPSD = B.

Rechecking the order from VKM4 will not change these statuses (except if they have the modification from note 805007).

If they release from VKM4, the status will be CMGST = D, CMPSD = B.

After that, if they recheck the order, it will become CMGST = A, CMPSD = A.

@Durga: What happens if you recheck the order in VKM4 - does it get blocked?    

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have mentioned that in t.code OVA8, critical field is checked. Has the status/block is also checked? Per OSS note 2221284 - Field change results in credit block, when these boxes are checked in OVA8, the system will apply the credit block when payment terms is changed.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

the boxes are checked for the credit block, yet, it did not put in block.  thanks.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks the customer exposure is still under credit limit, so when the payment term is changed, the system could have checked against the credit limit and since the total liability is well under the credit limit, it did not put the sales order under credit block.

You can check with the help of an ABAP'er on the function module SD_ORDER_CREDIT_CHECK for the field name CMPAD for debugging.

Regards,