Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenText - FI invoices number ranges

matteo_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

Goodmorning

One of our customer has OpenText Vendor Invoice Management 7.0 and recently is experiencing number ranges gaps in FI invoices.

Since I've no clues regarding the exact cause (I looked at SM13, ST22, SM21, checked bufferized number ranges) I thought that maybe there was something wrong with OpenText VIM customization because these gaps have started showing up shortly after installing VIM in production system.

I'm not a FI/MM consultant so perhaps I made some mistakes while configuring the VIM document processes.

I'm taking all the suggestions I can get because I've really no idea of what is causing this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion about this matter.

My best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

Welcome, What kind of gaps?  And how did identify them… explain it please.

Thanks,

Kolusu

matteo_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kolusu

Thanks for the welcome and the quick answer,

I mean gaps in the invoice numbers. For instance, if I look at the BKPF table for a certain company code I see this numbers (BELNR):

and so on. The question is: where is number 600002275 ? I've tried looking in ST22 transaction if there could be any dumps or in the system registry (SM21) and also in the SM13 transaction always specifing the day during which the 600002274 and 600002276 invoices were registrated but without success. So, since I didn't found anything, I'm guessing that there might be something I missed with VIM customizing.

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

1) Invoice number range is not in the scope of the VIM

2) Find out whether this is happening with invoices created with VIM only or in SAP too, this

will give you some understanding.

Thanks,

Suresh

matteo_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kolusu

I will follow your suggestion then and try to find out what happened.

Many thanks.