Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS migration using Distribution Monitor

sudip_saha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP friends,

We are doing OS migration from HP unix to Linux. The DB will be just same but upgrading from 11G to 12G. We have source, target and two unix machines for application server (node). We have done the preparation mode in source system and files are generated in /sap/commDir directory of source system and this directory we mounted in the Target linux server and two apps servers/host. The target will be newly built so my questions are below-

1. Do we need to execute SWPM for the database instance installation and then stop SWPM in between and run distribution monitor like we do manual migration monitor steps.

2. In the apps server host no SAP is running and we copied R3load and other R3* files in the apps hosts. So, how we will run the distribution monitor in apps hosts? Do we need to execute ./distribution_monitor -e (export) in apps server? or in Source?

3. Same question for import. Where we will run the import? In apps host or Target system?

I mean where I will execute, distribution_monitor.sh -e (export) and distribution_monitor.sh -i (import)

4. From the Apps servers/hosts the source database should be accessible right? How we can access the source database from apps host? using tnsname.ora entry?

Your quick answer will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Sudip, attached to the Distribution Monitor general note is a MS Word document that describes all that, e.g. the integration into the SWPM system copy procedure, where and how to start distmon and so on. Are you aware of that document? The note is https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/855772 Kind regards, Hendrik

sudip_saha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

I do have this document, a ppt file also. My question is very basic.

My source is ready and I did the preparation phase of DM and the target will be ready by SWPM (sapinst). My question is on apps server/host. As the app server only contain oracle client, so how I will execute R3load -testconnect, as R3load is part of SAP installation kernel. and later how it will export and import using R3load.

Regards,

Sudip

hendrikweise
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

This is given in the PPT attached to note 855772, on page 33 & referenced note 1973242 in which it basically says how to provide the path to the R3load executable to be used.

In order that R3load can connect to the DB (let's take your example for Oracle), the Word document from same note 855772 has it in the Appendix A, A.2 how to modify the tnsnames.ora.

Chapter "5.3 - Database connection" says to use the -test option to check the DB connection is working or not.

sudip_saha1
Explorer
0 Kudos
Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sudip,

1. On SAP server are you logged in the SIDADM or different user id ?

2, Could you attach the log.

BR

SS

sudip_saha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

On Source SAP server I logged on as SIDADM, on TARGET I logged on as root or my local user as I am installing database. On apps server I logged on as my local user id as there is no oracle non SAP installed in the apps server so no SIDADM available.

Regards,

Sudip

sudip_saha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

All the environment parameters I configured in the apps server as same as source system. But while testing the R3load and R3trans I am getting error.

=> /sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel/R3trans -d

This is /sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel/R3trans version 6.25 (release 742 - 06.05.15 - 20:15:05).

unicode enabled version

2EETW169 no connect possible: "maybe someone set invalid values for DIR_LIBRARY ('/sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel') or dbms_type ('ORA')"

/sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel/R3trans finished (0012).

=> /sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel/R3load -testconnect

/sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel/R3load: START OF LOG: 20160527090855

(BLD) INFO: sccsid "@(#) $Id: //bas/742_REL/src/R3ld/R3load/R3ldmain.c#8 $ SAP"

(BLD) INFO: kernel release 742 [UNICODE]

(BLD) INFO: data format 1.8

(BLD) INFO: patch number 111

(BLD) INFO: compiled on "Jun 29 2015 22:52:10"

(PRC) INFO: working directory "/sap/nobackup/sudip/Distribution_monitor"

(PRC) INFO: called "/sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel/R3load -testconnect"

(PRC) INFO: process id 5931

(DB) ERROR: DbSlControl(DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET) rc = 20

(DB) ERROR: DbSlErrorMsg rc = 20

/sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel/R3load: job finished with 1 error(s)

(STAT) DATABASE times: 0.018/0.010/0.010 100.0%/100.0%/100.0% real/usr/sys.

/sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel/R3load: END OF LOG: 20160527090855

I configured the below env parameters-

export SAPSYSTEMNAME=SOURCE SID

export TNS_ADMIN=/usr/oracle/11.1.0.7_Client/network/admin

export DIR_LIBRARY=/sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel

export DB_SID=RES

export ORACLE_SID=SOURCE SID

export dbs_ora_tnsname=SOURCE SID which is mentioned in the tnsnames.ora

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/oracle/11.1.0.7_Client/bin

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/sap/nobackup/sudip/kernel

Regards,

Sudip

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide output of R3trans -x  and logs of trans.log file.

Regards,

Prem

Answers (0)