Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Custom Email Alerts in PI 7.4

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have read Aashish Sinha's blogs on creating custom email alerts.  In part 2 he uses the File Adapter to retrieve the messages, but fails to mention the file path where he retrieves these messages from.  Can someone tell me where you retrieve the messages from?

Thanks in advance.

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

• Actually the alerts will be stored in JMS queue in PI server, Each consumer will have separate JMS queue.
  • System will write the alerts to these queues as soon as error in the system
  • PI provides standard web service to retrieve the alerts from the above queues
  • So you can a file adapter in sender side and give any path of your choice but inside the file you need to mention the ConsumerID then based on this ID web service will read the alerts from respective JMS queue and give the response.
  • This response he is sending it to mail.

Regards,

Praveen.

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Praveen,

So messages are actually in JMS queues, that explains a lot.  I know what to do now.

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Check the approach mentioned in the below link, Should help you

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghuraman, but as I stated in the opening message I have read Aashish Sinha's blogs, that being part 1.  He talks about setting up the AlertConsumerJob and sending an email via the Java Mail service.  I am doing that alerady, however, as he states, the email is unreadable without some knowledge of PI.  This email will be going to support staff who do not understand PI.  So I need a cleaner email.

former_member237514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

He just explain using sample example.so he pick the data in local directory it self.