cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI/PO MS Azure AD - REST adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anyone connected through MS Azure AD authentication via SAP PI. We are trying to consume API's through this authentication via REST adapter and running in to authentication issues. I have been provided with a Client ID and user but somehow the authentication is disconnected. Is this a limitation of 7.4? I heard 7.5 supports this type of authentication.

We are in:

PO 7.4 SP12

Can you point to some blogs or threads that explains this type of authentication?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Larry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to connect SAP PI/PO with the REST adapter.

Azure supports 2 options:

- SAS (Shared Acces Signature)

- ACS (Azure Active Directory Access Control)

We are using the SAS which works with a token. the token we add in adapter module, after adding some java code on PO server.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/service-bus-authentication-and-authorizatio...

mauro_barreiros
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this posting was a long time ago, but at this moment i have the same requeriment and It's my first time with this kind of developments.

Can you tell me, how do you do the java code on PO? and how you configure the REST adapters?

Thanks a lot!

Regards!

former_member601407
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to configure REST adapter on connecting to azure with SAS ? i have a similar requirement where we need to send CSV from ECC to Azure blob storage through PI. I have raised a thread on it, please guide me on how can it be done through REST adapter.

Below is the thread :

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13126538/send-csv-from-al11-to-azure-blob-storage-using-res.html

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mutti,

The link you provided does not have any reference to Azure AD connections.

Let me know if I'm missing something.

thanks

Larry.