Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of records fetched from HANA to reporting tool

ashok_oleti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are using the reporting tool Microstrategy and I sometimes need to find the number of records fetched from HANA (102.03) when any query is triggered from the reporting tool (Microstrategy).

The HANA view "M_Connections" provides this details per connection but I am looking for any view/table which can give the statistics of fetched records and memory consumed per each SQL call made by reporting tool. Can someone throw light on this.

Regards,

Ashok Oleti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

You can use M_SQL_PLAN_CACHE table for statistics of fetched records.

This table has around 80 columns.

For example TOTAL_RESULT_RECORD_COUNT gives the total number of records fetched.

For more details regarding the table, please visit this link.

Regards

Raj

ashok_oleti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am already using this view to monitor the execution time of the query but I never noticed the field "TOTAL_RESULT_RECORD_COUNT". This is really gonna help and fit for my requirement but I have a doubt.

This view displays the query details like how many times it was executed, number of times the query was executed and  the average time taken for each execution. So my question is if a query with 1 million records result set is executed 3 times then what would be the value shown in the field "TOTAL_RESULT_RECORD_COUNT". Will it be 3 million or 1 million?

I dont find any other field like "AVG_RESULT_RECORD_COUNT" (similar to AVG_EXECUTION_TIME,  AVG_EXECUTION_MEMORY_SIZE) in the definition of the view "M_SQL_PLAN_CACHE" so I am not sure how to read the value from "TOTAL_RESULT_RECORD_COUNT".

Thanks,

Ashok. O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

During the time of execution,

HANA Studio - > Performance - >  Double click on the thread that is being executed by Microstrategy.

You can get the details of memory consumed and , and number of records being fetched.

Regards,

Pavan Gunda

ashok_oleti
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan. This really helps to monitor the active sessions. However,  I am looking for something which can give the details of past executions. To see the number of records fetched when it was executed this morning or last night or last week etc.

Regards,

Ashok Oleti.