Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot, Production Order CO11n

nicholas_taylor6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have recently implemented inspection lot at production order release (insp type 03), and the process is working well. However, we're facing a scenario whereby when we want to change the material associated with the equipment recorded created via production order creation prior to completing the confirmation steps for the order in CO11n.

We are changing the material of the equipment record via IE02 -> edit -> special s/n functions -> change material number. Once we have made that change, if we then try and complete the confirmation steps in CO11n, there is no goods movement and the order remains visible in MD04.

If we complete the above steps for an order that is not related to an inspection lot, the goods movement works perfectly for the new / target material number and the loop is complete. It seems clear that there is additional checking taking place, based on the fact that the material is set up for inspection lot processing, however I seem unable find where / what that may be.

If any one has come across a similar scenario or can shed any light on what the issue may be I'd be grateful.

Regards

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

May be you can provide us some more details like what is the Control Key assigned to the MIC managed operations, for your routing, against which you are recording inspection results. Please check and confirm what are the details selected for check box "Insp Char Required" and "Confirmation" keys for this control Key. May be you can share some screenshots too.

You can give it another try by removing the 'Confirmation' value form "2" to "Blank" for this control indicator but retain the other check "Insp Char Required". OR, you can completely replace this control Key by PP control keys (like PP01) and then try to check if your process for inspection and material change in IE02 is working.

I have no other clues coming in my mind now except this, hence you can give it a try, or wait for further inputs in this forum.

Thanks,

Arijit

nicholas_taylor6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried removing the confirmations setting, I have reduced it to '1' and I have also tried using PP01 in my material routing definition and I get the same system response sadly!

Thanks again for your input.

Nick

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

May be can you check the user Exit: CONFPP06, FM: EXIT_SAPLCORF_106 with your ABAP team to understand if this is giving you some pointers on what is going on.

Thanks,

Arijit

nicholas_taylor6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks again Arijit.

I have implemented the exit that you have suggested but it does not get called when I perform the time ticket creation under normal conditions or otherwise.

Regards

Nick

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

In that case, please drop a thread at SCN@PP forum for a more relevant answer. Sorry, I have no much inputs to add here.

Thanks,

Arijit

nicholas_taylor6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok thanks again for your help Arijit.

Answers (0)