cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with 640 ITS webgui -- 2 questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

<p>Following note 928665 for ECC 5, I upgraded the (640) kernel to patch 175 and applied support packs to BASIS 19 and ABA 19. Everything went smoothly.</p>

<p>Per the <a href="http://help.sap.com/bp_epv260/EP_JA/documentation/How-to_Guides/WAS/Enabling%20the%20SAP%20GUI%20for%20HTML%20with%20the%20integrated%20ITS%20on%20SAP.pdf">instructions for enabling SAP GUI for HTML</a> I re-activated the ICF services and republished SYSTEM and WEBGUI. Again, everything went smoothly.</p>

<p>Two issues remain:</p>

<p>1. The issue in Note 928665 is not resolved, i.e. neither the "infobox" nor the status bar appear in webgui.</p>

<p>2. SM51->"Release notes" shows kernel patch 175 in SAP GUI (for windows) and patch 43 in webgui. ... ?! Upon seeing this issue, I globally invalidated the ICM cache. No change. </p>

<p>Have I missed any steps, or done something wrong?</p>

<p>TIA,<br/>

Matt</p>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. It was actually a DNS problem--this was a sandbox upgrade and the ITS URL I was looking at was pointing to the original system. I knew the sm51 issue was too strange to be "real", but I needed the weekend to clear my mind and see the actual problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

restart the SAP instances after applying the patches and update us

Regards

Anwer