Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Bin and Return Bin

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement,that when ever order gets cancelled the material will be moved to Cancelled bin(On Reverse PGI) which have storage type 001.

Our client requirement is when we create transfer order with respect to delivery,system should not create transfer order with source bin as Cancelled Bin.

I am new to WM.

Please tell me one thing while referring delivery and creating transfer order,system will propose only bin with storage type 001,if so i will create a bin with other storage type,so that the particular bin will not be proposed.

Thanks,

Pradeep M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below options, it may help.

1. You can define new storage type and storage bin for return.
  2. Configured return storage type and return storage bin at movement type level(SPRO --> LE --> WM --> Activities --> Define movement)
  3. Define return storage type as Stringent FIFO. This helps you to exclude storage type and bin form search strategies

(SPRO --> LE --> WM -> Strategies --> Stock removal strategies --> Define strategy for ''Stringent FIFO'' --> tick your new storage type)

Please let me know result.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP uses the picking strategy, and if your cancelled bin is in the same storage type than all bins with standard material then SAP will pick from this cancelled bin too.

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What is the Ideal storage type which system would pick when delivery is used as reference to create Transfer Order.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no ideal storage type, ideal is what works for your local company. As a consultant it is your task to evaluate the strength of the SAP design with your local work processes in the warehouse, and then you either customize to follow the local processes or you optimize your local processes.