cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error processing inbound message. Sender Channel 'REST' Catching exception calling messaging system: InterfaceDetermination did not yield any actual interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Gurus,

My scenario is a JSON converging from Legacy System using REST Adapter to PI (7.4) generating an XML (File Adapter) at ECC end.  The whole configuration looks good, but when a payload is transmitted to PI, two things are happening:

1. The Sender system is getting a 500 response code

2. The communication channel stops for a while in an error mode and it turns back after a while

When I did XPI_INSPECTOR to get the trace log, I couldn't actually get to the root of it as where the error is occurring. The error what I see under the Communication Channel Monitor is this :

Error processing inbound message. Sender Channel 'XXXXX' (ID: e0e82a0cb5ea3b95869cfd78b09e6185): Catching exception calling messaging system: InterfaceDetermination did not yield any actual interface

I searched all over SCN but I couldn't find any of the matching threads for the same. Please help me around.

The Trace log file is attached for your reference.

Thank You!

Syed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Snavi
Active Participant

Hi Wahid,

What HTTP operation are you using at source.

Have you used operation determination in the REST sender? your operation should match with the HTTP operation that source is sending.

provide screenshot of your REST sender configuration

Have you set 'Limit to HTTP Operation' in the Channel selection tab of REST sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

Thanks for the reply. The HTTP Operation: Value Source --> Manual Value / Static Value --> POST

Attached the snapshot for the same. I'm not using any operation determination.

Thank You!

Syed.

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wahid,

have you used add 'Wrapper Element' in the Sender General tab

Please check if it matches with your out service interface message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

Please find the same.

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

the element Name and namespace in your sender channel, does this matches with the message type of your outbound interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

God it was the Namespace typo error. Thanks a ton.

Answers (0)