cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error when uploading flat file via the data integration file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

Would you please have the pleasure to help me with my following issue?

I have created a compound MDT for which I want to to upload some master data via an excel file through the data integration tile. In the past I had managed to successfully upload this master data without any errors, but now that I want to update the data that I had uploaded, I come up with an error that says :

"coulld not read file for batch ID 156, unable to read file. Reason: Fatal error. More info in table /IBP/IMTLOG"

Would anybody please interpret this error?

Thank you very much for your time

Kind regards

Vasilis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the issue is solved by restructuring the master data strucutre.There was an error during the activation of the planning area that I hadn't notice since the activation was successful.

Thank you all for your support!!

Best regards

Vasilis

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasilis,

Would it be possible to share with us the content, or at least part of the content/structure of the file you are trying to import?

Best regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ivan,

Actually the issue is solved by changing a bit the master data type strucutre. When activating the planning area, there was an error that I didn't notice since the area was successfully activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasilis,

Is the data you uploading have any special characters? Many times, is there are any special characters like - , etc. the upload fails

Thanks
Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baweja and thank you very much for your reply,

Unfortunately the data do not contain any special characters.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards

Vasilis

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasilis,

Could you please try to update the MDT via Manage option in Excel Add-in and check if you are getting the same error!!

Regards,

Sourojit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourojit and thank you for your answer!

Unfortunately I had already tried that.

Thank you once again for your time.

Kind regards

Vasilis