cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order with 2 billing types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I'm using a sales order doc. type (ZOR) for which i need to allow the association of 2 billing types (milestone billing and periodic billing).

From what i've seen in the foruns it is only possible to assign one of the billing types to the sales order doc. type and at CRM client level define the other billing type.

I am not using CRM, hence i can't achieve this by the suggestions.

Ca someone tell how it's possible to have the two billing types available for one sales order doc. type?

Many thanks

Regards

Joana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect you meant billing plan type. "Billing type" can be easily misinterpreted as the corresponding billing document type.

There is only one billing plan type possible for the sales document type, but the billing plan can also be assigned in the item category. This information can be easily found in SPRO.

To be honest, I don't understand what's a big issue with having a different sales document type. It's just instead of making a decision on the second screen the users would need to make it on the first screen (by choosing the appropriate type). The business process is a bit different too, so it seems hardly justified to mix those in a single document type IMHO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joana,

Billing types assigned in order type configuration are the default billing types for order & delivery related billings. If you try to create a billing through VF01 you'll notice that if you don't select any billing type on VF01 screen then SAP automatically proposes what you've defined in the order type configuration.

But that doesn't imply that you can't create billing of any other types, as long you have correct setup of copy controls between source and target documents you should be able create billing of different type for same order/delivery type.

Yati

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the business requirement?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The business requirement is to use only one sales order doc. type, and be able to define, for each document that is being created, the type of billing that will be done (periodic or milestone)

Thanks

Joana

0 Kudos

Hi Joana,

Even if the business wants two different billing types, they can still be managed with standard invoicing (F2).

On your question, If you have tried setting up copy control for your scenarios, are you getting any errors?

Am asking this question since we do have different types of billing documents associated with order type OR in standard SAP (F5, F2 etc). What is different with contracts here?

Pl try and provide info on errors, if any.

Chintan