cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel an ECO (after it's converted from an ECR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PLM Gurus!

I'm hoping somebody can help me with the following issues.

1. I have an ECR that was converted to an ECO -- Is it possible to Cancel it (or return it to the ECR status)? I haven't been able to find any info on this.

2. I added a document as an object on an ECR-->ECO (on document tab) - but I can't complete and release the changes under Object Status -- It's not giving me the option to update it. I can complete and release the changes to several Material and BOMs objects on the same ECO but not the document object.

Can somebody help me.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I have an ECR that was converted to an ECO -- Is it possible to Cancel it (or return it to the ECR status)? I haven't been able to find any info on this

You can cancel it.

but sorry I do not know how to cancel it.

but I do not think you can convert it to ECR again.

2. I added a document as an object on an ECR-->ECO (on document tab) - but I can't complete and release the changes under Object Status -- It's not giving me the option to update it. I can complete and release the changes to several Material and BOMs objects on the same ECO but not the document object.

No idea what happened. did you put correct version of this document?

You must put current version document on the object tab.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way you can revert back from an ECO to ECR again,

all you have to do is lock the Change number and abandon it and raise a new ECR. (use copy from).

The issue you are facing with the document is , You might be using a released Document whose status for ECO is set to complete by the system( courtesy the status defintion in ECR for the doc type).

1. If you dont want the document version to be increased then a create an expection status ,,,so that u can set release status to a rework status and use this document version in change number to raise a ECR.

2. Create a new version of DIR for the released DIR and raise an ECR for this DIR.

As a matter of fact you can raise a ECR for a non existing DIR version (version tobe created) in ECM and System prompts to use the change number when you actually create the DIR version.

Pls do remember that you can always delete the unwanted object from the ECR when the system status is set to "incomplete order" . "Close ECO" marks the point of no return.......

Good luck!!!!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helene,

Once when ECR is converted to ECO it can't be reverted back, as ECR is a "Request" and once when this request status is approved, & converted (Status)

then this becomes an "Order" which cannot be reverted back,

You much add a document in ECR Status, as it cannot be added in ECO status, and yes the version plays an important point here, please check the DIR of that version has been created or not even check wheather that<u> object link</u> has been configured for that "Document Type" and linked with "ECR/ECO" (AENR) & Scr # 0218, if not do that, hopefull this should solve your problem.

Regards

Rehman

Rewards Points if Useful