SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Connection Object Address in Background

suresh_mamilla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone throw some light on how to update Connection Object Address in background. I tried with 'ISU_S_CONNOBJ_CHANGE' but, it can't work in background.

Thanks & Regards

Suresh M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I would recommend you to copy the standard FM,ISU_S_CONNOBJ_CHANGE, and insert the code changes (line 108) in background process to update the Connection object address in background.

You can use the below FM, which are called internally in the above FM.

ISU_O_CONNOBJ_OPEN

Updated ADRC_STRUC and EHAU structures.

ISU_CONNOBJ_CHECK

ISU_O_CONNOBJ_ACTION

ISU_O_CONNOBJ_CLOSE

Alternatively, Have you checked the FM,MSAM_MO_ADDR_TECH_CHANGE for Connection object address change.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I would recommend you to copy the standard FM,ISU_S_CONNOBJ_CHANGE, and insert the code changes (line 108) in background process to update the Connection object address in background.

You can use the below FM, which are called internally in the above FM.

ISU_O_CONNOBJ_OPEN

Updated ADRC_STRUC and EHAU structures.

ISU_CONNOBJ_CHECK

ISU_O_CONNOBJ_ACTION

ISU_O_CONNOBJ_CLOSE

Alternatively, Have you checked the FM,MSAM_MO_ADDR_TECH_CHANGE for Connection object address change.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your inputs. It helped me a lot to get closer to the solution.

I tried with the function modules that are provided but, with those BDOC's are not getting generated in CRM. Requirement is to update the address of Connection Object in CRM even when it gets updated in ECC. Can you please provide your inputs on this if possible. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Suresh Mamilla

0 Kudos

Finally we achieved the solution through BDC itself as we don't have any function module / BAPI to update Connection Object of BP in Background which can generate the BDOC's to update the same in CRM. Closing the discussion.

Regards

Suresh