cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define batches in Internal Warehouse Movement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Can you please help me with the following issue?

During creation of WT automatically system splitts bathes. It is Internal warehouse movement, from one st. bin to other.

On the first step of creation WT system know number of product and batch, but in spite of the batch, the system searches the first created storage bin with other batches (Method FIFO). But for WPT I don´t define FIFO. In spro I don not use Storage types groups for my Storage type.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Catharin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

Not sure which settings you made but I think you need to remove that document types from your newly created warehouse process types.

also, can you try to do the same using WPT 9999 and check whether system is behaving in the same manner??

Thanks,
Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

In my WPT I defined the same settings for warehouse request.

To test with WPT 9999 will be complicated, because my issue is only with automatical WTs.

BR,

Catherine

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I just tried by creating the Warehouse request using /SCWM/IM_ST with the WPT 3030 for which I assigned the stock removal rule as FEFO (Not FIFO). Observation in system is, if batch is already specified in the request then system is creating WT with the exact batch and if not then system is searching for batch which is expiring soon and this is standard behavior.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the reason, that in my example the batch is already specified in the request, but the system creates WT with the first batch not with the specified one.

Where in Customizing can I check FIFO for stock removal?

BR,

Catherine

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

FIFO for stock removal is maintained in the following path:

EWM -> Goods Issue Process -> Strategies -> Determine storage type search sequence for stock removal.

Check the entry for your warehouse number and process type.

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

Please check the settings for warehouse request in the warehouse task definition settings.

I guess, if you copied from 3030 then, Document type - SWHI and Item Type SWHI must be copied for your new process type and there might be possibility that batch related settings is maintained in following node for the document type SWHI

EWM -> Cross Process Settings -> Batch Management -> Make Settings for Delivery.

Thanks,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I checked, made settings for delivery. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue with batch.

BR,

Catherine

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

Which process type you are using for the internal ad-hoc transfer?

Also, check for product if storage section check is active.

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use our own process type, it is a copy of 3030. Where can I check storage section for product?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Cather

0 Kudos

Hi!

Check param "Avail.Qty: Batches" in st. type.

BR, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already checked, but there is a message:´´ Available quantity for batches cannot be changed. /SCWM/LT412.

BR,

Cather

0 Kudos

Hi!

You need empty st.type and then you can change indicator.

Set to Available Quantity: Batch-Specific

BR, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked. There is noo settings for FIFO for removal stock. When I make PUTAWAY (ST.type and WPT are of course different), here the system does not split batches. And there is no indicator ´´Available Quantity: Batch-Specific´´ in St.type.

BR,

Catherine