cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSP Status Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure MSP_PPM Integration following note "1326709". Now I am stuck at copy status profile "00000RPM" from client 000 this Status profile is not available in our system. I have used T-code OK02 and created status profile with the same and selected Object Types "Project Definition" And Template "Project Template" but unable to figure out what should be the Status number and status for the same ?

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I think this information in note 1326709 is actually obsolete, this section seems to have been copied from the FAQ for earlier PPM releases (e.g. note 958210), in which such a status profile did exist, but there is no such status profile in the SAP standard in PPM 5.0 and higher.

I enclose screenshots of status profile 00000RPM from a PPM 4.0 system, in case you want to create a similar status profile on your system:

Best regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

If note "1326709" is obsolete can you tell me the note relevant for PPM 6.0 ?

Also Purpose of Creating this profile is just that without having any status profile in config

"Portfolio Management -> Global

Customizing -> Global Settings -> Override Default Global Settings) in Portfolio Management IMG and

define default values for the Area '009'.

While creating Status Profile in Project Management, ensure that the status profile allows deletion.

You can also copy the SAP delivered Status Profile '00000RPM' from Client 000.

Default values are considered if this information cannot be retrieved from Microsoft Project."

Because without doing the same below Option for updating existing cProject is not coming.

Regards,

Alex

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

It is not the note itself that is obsolete, just this reference to a user status profile that no longer exists in the SAP Standard. There is no newer FAQ note containing this information about PPM integration.

Concerning the issue which you are encountering: there is no such profile existing on my test system, yet the issue which you have reported does not occur. Also noone else has raised this question before (I had checked existing customer incidents prior to my previous reply), so I doubt that the fact that this profile for user statuses is not existing is itself causing the behaviour.

If you are not getting the option to update the current project or create a simulation, how are projects being created upon import? are they always created as a new project? if that is the case, then I think that the cause is more likely to be found in the field mapping. I would check to ensure that the project ID is mapped properly and is being correctly exported and imported.

Best regards
Francesco

ulrich_brenner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

just wondering: have you ever tried to use a different file name when exporting the PPM project (e.g. "UE-60003_msp.mpp")?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

I have tried with different filename it's working fine for me.

Regards,

Alex

Answers (0)