cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member since date difference

JimSpath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Old and new (prod/beta) SCN show different "Member since" dates for me.

I have seen this in other system migrations. An epic epoch.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

Thanks for reporting this.

I've added to our known bug list after confirming.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-72804

Regards,

Moshe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same as Gretchen here. I joined back in 2005-2006 or so. But I changed jobs and S-user around 2010, which caused a temporary "guestification" and I had to work with SCN team to get my account back. (Qite surprisingly, it was somehow possible back then.) It seems at that time the "joined" was set to 2010. For me there is no discrepancy between SCN and Beta though because both are incorrect.

carpe_diem
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi, Jim,

This is not a bug.

The s-user assigned to your SCN account was created (according to SCI system) on 25.12.2011 - that is where the "member since" takes the data from - the attribute createTime

When your current SCN user was registered to SCN, it was probably attached to another  user account which had the createTime somewhere in 2005.

Since then the SCN user was attached to your s-user.

JIVE has copied and persisted that data in their own database, and that's why you see the difference between the current SCN JIVE Member Since, and the new SCN Beta, where the data is taken directly from the SCI system.

Another scenario when this attribute could have been updated is if for any case this s-user account was deleted and then created again via SMP.

This is an unlikely scenario, as when the user e.g. leaves the company, or etc. it is set to "inactive" but not physically deleted.

Do you recall if you originally registered to SCN with another user and then via SCN Support requested to assign a different account to the SCN user?

In any case, this is not a bug, but rather taking the data from different sources, one of which (JIVE) is outdated.

Kind Regards,

Vladimir

SAP Cloud Identity team

JimSpath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vladimir:

> When your current SCN user was registered to SCN, it was probably attached to another  user account which had the createTime somewhere in 2005.

I do not know what that means.

I have had the same "S" number since late 1997 or 1998.  It's a 6-digit number, below 500,000, if that means anything to the timeline.

I have been blogging on the SCN platform since 2007:

There were changes in content during the last SAP Community migration.  Even if this is not considered a bug, it is "wrong values."

Jim

carpe_diem
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi, Jim,

I agree that this is the wrong value.

Your 6 digit s-user number is set with a 2011 createTime. I understand that it is not correct.

I explained the possible scenarios why it wasn't correct. Though according to your comment, maybe there was some data refresh or something like that back in 2011 - so it may fall into the 2nd scenario I explained above.

Unfortunately I cannot check for sure was your s-user re-created in 2011.

The SMP are the data masters for s-user data, so we cannot update this value if you wanted to.

KR,

Vladimir

JimSpath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Unfortunately I cannot check for sure was your s-user re-created in 2011.

I have had the same number since the 20th century.

> The SMP are the data masters for s-user data, so we cannot update this value if you wanted to.

So who will fix this issue if we cannot?

I would like to hear about solutions more than explanations for the data discrepancy.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

looks like you are extraordinary in every aspect. Vlad is right with his explanation. No idea where the account creation date comes from. We will find a solution, just not now.

Cheers,

Oliver

JimSpath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver.  League of Extraordinary Gentlemen got nothing on me.

I looked at three other accounts for "join date".  One is identical, one is a day off (we'll ascribe this to time zone) and the other is 3 weeks off.  Strange.

= =

= =

http://scn.sap.com/people/susan.keohan

susan.keohan

Susan KeohanSusan Keohan is an SAP Mentor Moderator

Member since January 29, 2004

= =

http://scn.sap.com/people/gretchen.lindquist

gretchen.lindquist

Gretchen LindquistGretchen Lindquist is an SAP Mentor Moderator

Member since October 09, 2010

= =

http://scn.sap.com/people/jason.cao

jason.cao

Jason CaoJason Cao is an SAP employee Moderator

Member since January 24, 2008

= =

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm that the date shown above was the date of the creation of my current P-user ID, not my actual SCN join date. I see per my content authored list that I started blogging on SCN in July 2008. Funny how it knows that I created that content but not that I was a member then.

Gretchen