cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TABLE_REFRESH & TABLE_CHECK ISSUE on SAP IM 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to know if there is a way to refresh the complex table but in a delta way for the CT of SAP IM 4.0 ... I mean not all the records will be downloaded to the device only the ones which are changed at backend. I have almost all my table_refresh parameters to syncs weekly, but when the app starts to download the complex table, it seems it's performing a full download, not only the changes. For example the CTMaterialUOM is a very big complex table, so when it start to download at the moment of table refresh, it takes a while to finish... also there is several which also have a lot a records, so when the device gets the table refresh process could take almost like 12 mins to download all the updates of the App's CT... which is a little bit annoying... but i really want to keep my table refresh process weekly ...  Its a good period

Also, I need to know is there is a way to start the process in a specific time, Because, it starts every 7 days... at the 7th day, it can starts in the middle of the first sync, just when the operator is performing a GR... the app post a document for example but then starts to download the updates... making the operator just wait and wait and wait for the result of his operation... which sometimes they reported as a issue or an app problem, I know it is not.... but is kind of suprising for them.

Also i know there are two parameters TABLE_REFRESH and TABLE_CHECK and I have always assumed both of them had to have the same value, but I'm wondering if maybe there is a combination between them to make this process faster and easier to handler....

I would appreciate any guide you guys can give me regarding this

@mark.pe

Best Regards,

MC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mariana,

TABLE_REFRESH is the parameter to control when to do a full reload of the table.

TABLE_CHECK is the parameter to control how often to check for updates on the table.  So if you don't want to check every transmit for changes you can adjust the TABLE_CHECK to weekly for example. 

You want to disable TABLE_REFRESH and set TABLE_CHECK to weekly.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your answer. I really want to keep checking the updates weekly, in fact both parameters for almost every complex table are configured to check and refresh weekly....... I just need to know if there is a way I can do a delta reload of the table and not a full one ... because its taking too much... Also I want to know if the checking and refreshing of the table, can be configure to run on a specific time of the day.... Please I would appreciate your help in this.... If it can not be ... I also appreciate the explanation....

BR,

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Table_Check is when to check for an update to the table, while Table_Reload reloads the whole table.

If they are the same value, then it will not do a check, but always just reload the table.  So to just have the table check 1 time a week and not reload at all, set TABLE_RELOAD to "-1" (Setting to -1 disable the option) and leave Table_check set to the Week value.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mariana,

As I mentioned, you need to disable TABLE_REFRESH as Steve indicated and leave TABLE_CHECK at weekly to get your desired behavior.

In terms of configuring it for a specific time, the answer is no it is not supported.  This is because each client syncs at different times.  The client knows that it needs to check weekly for the table update.  It also knows when the last time it updated that table.  So when the last update time is greater than the TABLE_CHECK (weekly in your case) on the next transmit it will then do a delta update for that table.

Hope that helps.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

So let me get this straight, the table_refresh parameter will always do a full reload of the table. The table_check will do a delta reload of the table helping me keep the data  up to date. SO if I disable the Table_refresh parameter but keep the table_check weekly, every seven days the complex table's update will be a delta one downloading only the changes... never a full. Is that correct?

On the other hand, for the omission of my question about configure this to run on a specific time in the day, I can assume that this cannot be done so the check or refresh of the table will always start after the first  transmit is perform. Is that true?

Thank you very much for your answers guys, just let me know if I get it correctly 😉

BR,

Mariana

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You are right on now with TABLE_REFRESH and TABLE_CHECK. 

As for when it will run.  As I mentioned, the device tracks the last update date for the table and compares it to the interval (weekly for your example).  On each transmit it checks to see if it has passed the interval and if so it will execute the check.  Otherwise it will be skipped for that transmit.  So there is no way to set a time for it since it will depend on when the user next transmits.  It could be almost exactly one week or it could be 10 days if the user hasn't transmitted in a while for whatever reason.

--Bill