cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of folders in PO 7.4 Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick check, would like to get your thoughts/insights regarding the usage of folder in 7.4. Are these helpful in organising the objects or they can possibly cause some issues in the future?

Also, I noticed that the folders in NWDS are not having the proper names in the swing client. Is this a bug? Sorry I could not find anything in SCN so far regarding this.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Madina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madina.

Folders are used to organise the objects

Refer the below link to get more details

And what is the difference in names your getting? please post the screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Raghuraman! The link was very helpful. I would not be using the folders anymore.

The only reason I wanted to understand is because when we used the migration tool for migrating objects from 7.31 to 7.4, 7.4 seems to create folders automatically, with the same name as the Configuration Scenario.

The 'issue' I'm getting is with the Configuration Scenario/Generated Folder name highlighted below for the 'POC' folder I created in NWDS. When I try to manually export/import objects (through Swing client) by Folder name, the names are not very helpful. (CTS+ is currently not yet setup). I guess this is not really an issue but this is how it's assigned a name. The actual folder name is not being referenced when the CS is opened.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madina,

But the screenshot shows the CS.

So when u create folder in NWDS your getting some name like the one in the screenshot?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Yes this is the CS. I am creating folders for the iFLOW, which I already deleted today and started anew with iFLOWS under no folders. 🙂

I created all folders in NWDS and I just went to the swing client to manually export the objects.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Madina

Answers (0)