cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP_AAE adapter, Header Field(Synchronous Response)

former_member435532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on synchronous( SAP R/3->PI 7.4(Single stack java)->third party system(HTTP_AAE)) adapter. I need to call a third party web service and read the response header fields. I can see that in the HTTP_AAE adapter we can specify the synchronous response header fields . Can someone please let me me know how we can map those in message mapping?

Example : when i do HTTP post for the third part web service, i need to read three fields (Etag, location and server). Do i need to write a UDF to map those fields or it will happen automatically. I mean

1. In the communication channel, HTTP header(Synchronous response) section, i will specify

HeaderFieldOne =  Etag

HeaderFieldOne = location

HeaderFieldOne = server

2. In my outbound(SAP R/3) and inbound(third party system) service interface response structure/data type , I will have these 3 fields.

How do i read the response fields(from communication channel) and map it to the inbound service interface response structure?

Regards/Ajay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Have you mentioned the QOS as BE? If yes, then you might be able to read the response. And use a one-to-one mapping and send it to your proxy. You have to do one-to-one mapping because you need to have proxy namespace, which will not be there in your HTTP response.

To receive the sync response you have to use the QOS as BE.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member435532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Thanks for your quick response. Let me explain the requirement once more and explain how i will do it based on your explanation. Please let me know if this is correct?

In the HTTP header(synchronous response) option in HTTP_AAE adapter reciever communication channel. I will add below field and QOS will BE

HeaderFieldOne =  Etag

HeaderFieldOne = location

HeaderFieldOne = server

in the inbound service interface and outbound service interface data types will include below fields:

Etag

server

and map them one to one. Now once i trigger the data from SAP R/3 and webservice is called using POST , the fields will automatically get populated in the inbound service interface response structure and will get mapped to outbound service interface response structure.

Please note that these fields are getting populated in HTTP response header and not body of response, below is the POSTMAN  screenshot.

does above will work or we need to write UDF etc to do it?

Regards/Ajay