cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Report RVAFSS00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have seen couple of post regarding this report but I have not been able to get answer to my question. I am a functional consultant who does not have a Abaper key so I cannot really modify the program or report. This is what I have done so far.

1) I have copied the fields of Structure KOMFKGN in an excel sheet and have filled in all the required fields for creating the Billing Document. I have added 'A' as the first data field because the General Billing Interface documentation says to do that.

2) I converted the excel file into a tab delimited file and got it uploaded on SAP by our BASIS team.

3) I tried running the report RVAFSS02 to display the data in the file but I am getting the following error.  " No batch input records exists in file ".

Can someone please help me figure out how I can run this report with my input file and get billing documents generated.

Thanks,

Lauren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lauren,

RVAAFSS00 is an example program, that you can show to your developer and explain what additional things to add to your custom one, I believe you are not expected to modify the original provided by SAP.

Anyway, I assume you are testing how external billing would work in your system before you request development from your local team.

Are you absolutely sure that you have filled the data correctly? Using excel to prepare data for upload can be tricky sometimes. Please double-check what was actually uploaded.

The error, which you mention, occurs in form read_dataset in RVAFSS02.

For one reason or another the program does not like how your data is structured.

Which exact field is causing the problem is hard to tell, maybe it is possible to place a breakpoint there- on the first read dataset statement and check what gets transferred.

It is a bad idea to execute programs, even in a development system, if you don't know exactly how they work. Please don't do that in future and always ask a developer to help you if you struggle to understand the logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina,

I am working on a Sandbox. I do not have a ABAP developer key so I cannot modify anything anyways. I am just debugging and trying to learn about the Report.

I found out that BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE does the exact same thing. I have been able to create a External Billing Document successfully.

The problem I am facing now is Net Value of the Billing Document created is ZERO. I read on SAP SCN about the same problem being faced by others.

However this solution is not correct.  I do not have a solution yet for the net value field. Please let me know if you have some information.

Thanks

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lauren,

BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE has very little to do with the error message that you got in RVAFSS02. If you still need help with it - now you know how to find the cause of the problem.

I am not really sure that BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE and GN_INVOICE_CREATE do exactly the same thing, but you mentioned that you managed to create external billing with it, so you are probably right.

If you get zero as net value, this means that maybe you did not pass condition data correctly.

I still cannot understand why you as a functional consultant cannot ask a colleague from your development team how to call properly a FM if you have no access to transaction BAPI to read the details on each field for BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE.

If you are planning to develop some solution with BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE, you will need to involve him, anyway.

Please avoid asking several questions on different topics in the same thread. The main idea of answering questions is that in the future when somebody else needs help with the same problem, he will easily find it by searching the forum.