cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTP - Change finish material qtd based on components

0 Kudos

Hello all.

I have this cenario:

Sales Order trigger the CTP, who tries to create the planned order.

In my case:

Sales Order -> Create Planned Order Product 1

Product 1 -> Needs a component - Product 2.

Product 1 - Planned Order amount is 1000kg.

The Dep. Requirement for Product 2 will be -1000kg. (let's assume there is no loss)

Because we have stock restrictions, i only have 900kg available. And these 900kg are acceptable for the Customer(There is minimum and maximum allowed for the sales order size).

Now my problem,

Instead postpone the Planned order or create a new planned order of 100kg for the product 2. I want change the planned order of product 1 to 900kg.

I know CTP use a specific hardcode heuristic and always doing top->bottom .

Any ideas to solve?

Thank you in advance.

Marcelo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Updating..

I working on the idea to make the APO run the same planned order twice.

The first run will considered dummy. With this i can read the quantity and send to the real planned order.

Marcelo

0 Kudos

Problem solved.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am curious how you solved it?  

0 Kudos

Hello Kenneth.

I'm using dummy PDS to trigger the order explosion. Basically i created "dummy" PDS at the finished material level(Using the Source Filter Badi). This will allow me to run the explosion twice for each PDS active.

When the explosion reach a specific level(In my case the raw material), i call our raw material function to calculate the requirement. The first try will be always the dummy PDS.

After the calculation, the explosion is cancelled.

The APO select the next PDS(The real). Now i know how much raw naterial will be used and applying my yields i have the value for the Planned Order at finished level(Before start!). Now i just need to update the Output and Input structures.

This problem happening because the business want just one planned order at finish level. If we could use fixed lot and control each product, standard customizing solve the issue.

Let me know if you understood.

Have a nice day!