cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set value for attribute Manager.

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Whenever any modification are being made to the MX_PERSON attributes and executing the task, receiving the below error.

Unable to set value for attribute Manager.Overlapping assignment validity for null (identity manager mskeyvalue).

I have checked there is no manager looping issue. This error message is displayed only for provisioning task, when tried to modify via non provisioning job it happened successfully.

Regards,

DP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Screen shot atatched

For this user already MX_MANAGER is setup. Here i am trying to mx_admin unit attribute and trying to save the details then i receive the error message as mentioned in screenshot. in the the brackets i see the users manager mskeyvalue.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens if you remove the manager here? Can you save then?

Regards,

Steffi.

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the issue is currenlt in my production system and not permitted to make any changes to the form and then later entey reference tasks which runs after submitting the form.

when tried to update the mx_admin_unit via non provisioning job it worked

Issue is with the provising job for only few user id's as while traying to change identity details and submit a request for approval

regards,

deva

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do I understand that correctly; If you change something in this mask, it creates an approval request for the changes?

Could it be that a request is already pending for those users and that's why it can't create another one, because you have a "from/to date" somewhere in the workflow?

And I didn't mean you should remove the manager field, but the manager value for this identity to see, if you can save the changes then.

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi steffi,

I have checked there is no approval request for this user. I have tried disabling the MX_MANAGER and submit the request, but still the same issue and it is happening only for specific users.

Regards,

DP

Chenyang
Contributor
0 Kudos

It might because the manager is deleted from the id store, and this user is reference to a empty record or an invalid record?

you can try to delete the link between this user and his manager on table mxi_link and see the problem can be resolved?

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chenyang,

The manager is available in same id store and the link too is fine.

Regards,

DP

Chenyang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check mxi_link table and see how many manager links are there?

You may find duplicate or incorrect entry from this query.

SELECT mcThisMSKEY, mcOtherMSKEY, mcValidFrom, mcValidTo, mcAttrId

FROM mxi_link

WHERE mcThisMSKEY = <this user's MSKEY>

AND mcOtherEntryType =  <MX_PERSON entry type number>

AND mcAttrId = <Attribute Id for MX_MANAGER>

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI chenyang,

i didnt find any duplicate entry but when i compared for the identity for whom the task is executing and for whom the task is giving error, i found tgat valid from nd valid to dates are filled and mcchecklink.Too. Once i have updated the table by making those dates as null then the task started executing.

THank chenyang, but i am not understanding how these valid from nd to dates has been assigned as we nver pass these values

regards,

dp

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DP,

Please share the screenshots of error, source and destination tab.

In regular job, are you assigning the MX_MANAGER attribute as well?

Kind regards,

Jai

devaprakash_b
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Yes we are passing the MX_MANAGER attribute. Its not occurring with all user id's only with few id's the issue is.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

D P,

First of all, are you using 8.0 or 7.2?

Also what value are you putting into MX_MANAGER? I think it needs to be the MSKEY and not the MSKEYVALUE.

Matt