cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How back groung jobs work ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts !

I would like to know, for better understanding, how do these background jobs work.

GRAC_GENERATE_RULES

GRAC_ALERT_GENERATION

GRAC_ROLE_USAGE_SYNC

GRFNMW_BATCH_EMAIL_REMINDER

SWWCOND

SWWDHEX

SWWERRE

SWWWIM

thank you in advance,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

We have lot of documentation on SCN and google,please search your self for required information.

I got this information for you,

GRAC_GENERATE_RULES:Used to generate the rules

SPRO>GRC -> Access Control -> Access Risk Analysis -> SoD Rules -> Generate SoD Rules or

GRAC_GENERATE_RULES

Rule Generation Program has the max limit for number of rules for one Risk Id is 1679616.
26 alpha characters + 10 numeric characters = 36 possible characters per field. There are 4 fields for the rule ID (the Risk ID is static).

In conclusion, the maximum number of rules for version 10.0 is 36*36*36*36 = 1,679,616.
If there is anything exceeding this System will not be able to generate the Rules.

Therefore, recommended to include two functions per Custom Risk, so that Rule generation will not exceed the limit.

GRAC_ALERT_GENERATION:Used to create alerts

Refer the link for better understanding

GRAC_ROLE_USAGE_SYNC:Used to Retrieves the role usage and required to create UAR requests

Refer the below SAP KBA

1994746 - GRAC10: Synchronization Jobs - scheduling recommendations

GRFNMW_BATCH_EMAIL_REMINDER:used to send the reminders for all the request types and hence the reminders would be generated for all open requests for all types of processes like Access Request/Mitigation/UAR Review/SOD Review etc.

Check the wiki

E-mail reminder notification setup - GRC 10.0 - Governance, Risk and Compliance - SCN Wiki

SWWCOND

SWWDHEX

SWWERRE

Refer the link

for additional details please refer

Hope this helps you

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Baithi. I'll Check these right away 😃

Kevin