cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse parameter Weight Unit Clarification

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please hep me in understanding the difference between the Weight Unit in Warehouse Parameters and the WM unit in the material master in WM2 view?

When i check my stock in the warehouse in LS26 all materials are stored in the base unit of measurer only, then what is the purpose of the Weight Unit which we give wile configuring the warehouse parameters.

Please help me in this i have searched whole thread i can't find the answer.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabakaran_gurusamy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

WM weight unit in configuration is applicable to all material comes under that warehouse.

It is not relevant to LS26, but it is used in  capacity check by weight . It linked weight unit in storage bin.

weight unit in WM view 1 is comes from basic data 1 which is applicable to only that material. Most of time as we us weight unit as KG, we don't see any issues here.

if you want to see stock in different unit of measure than base unit of measure in LS26  please maintain corresponding WM unit in 'Warehouse Management view1'. Stock will be shown in WM unit from material master in LS26

Thanks and Regards,

Prabakaran Gurusamy 

0 Kudos

Thanks Prabakaran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Weight/volume of all the material managed in the warehouse is managed in the unit of weight / volume that is specified in weight / volume unit field while defining the warehouse. All weight are managed in the warehouse in the UoM that is specified in weight unit field in that section

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Base Unit of measure

Unit of measure in which stocks of the material are managed. The system converts all the quantities you enter in other units of measure (alternative units of measure) to the base unit of measure.

Weight Unit in warehouse parameter

Unit referring to the gross weight or net weight of the material.

Procedure

All weights are managed in the warehouse in the unit of weight that you specify here. In the case of movements, the material weight is converted to this unit of weight and updated in the storage bins.
The capacity check by weight is also made in this unit. Here, the maximum accuracy is 1/1000 of this unit of weight.

You should not change this unit of weight during productive operation since all weights relate to it and would therefore be incorrect. Should it be necessary to change it, you must correct the existing data by running report RLS10200 afterwards.

Examples

If you choose too small a unit of weight, there is a risk of field overflows with "heavy" materials and totals.

If you choose too large a unit of weight, large rounding errors may occur. This can result in problems with "light" materials in the case of capacity checks by weight in particular.