cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA User Statistics- Where?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does hana store some statistics around how many users are activity logging into the system? We want to monitor the user count on a daily hourly basis on who is logging in and running queries.

I am able to find memory statistics easy enough but not user.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can get some connection information from HANA Studio.

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ning,

I have been checking that but I am more after the historical details of user logging in so we can produce a report that shows for example

1. We have 120 user logging in every Wednesday between 9am and 12 pm

My thoughts are possible to schedule this SQL script every few seconds into a table and let it build up or might it be best to activate user tracing for everyone then work of that?

open for suggestions.

thanks

david

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

For your purpose, please try to use audit policy to record the DB connections.

Choose audit trail target to database tables, so you can later query the information you wanted.

For more informtion, please refer to SAP HANA security Guide (Link of SPS 12 http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Security_Guide_en.pdf )

Regards,

Ning Tong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, this worked perfectly.

kind regards

David

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

There is way to activate SQL tracing for particular table and also the user history.

You can do this from the SAP HANA Studio with the Administration console, from here we can trace any SQL statement that is going into the database.   

For an example if you want to know how many users are logged in and want to know the most expensive Query that is running at specified time you can track them by activating the above traces.

Note: The trace should be Turned off once the required Info is gathered.

Thanks-

Phani.