SCC for Replication Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm confused:  there are 4 SCC options for SRS:

SAP CNTRL CTRR FRAMEWORK 3.3

SYB CNTRL CNTR FRAMEWORK 3.2

SAP CONTROL CENTER 3.3 FOR SRS

SRS SYBASE CONTROL CENTER 3,2

I guess the CNTRL CNTR Framework is... what is it?  it is 800K package.

SCC 3.3 is for SRS 200.

What about SRS 303? 

Btw, the new download site (integrated into SAP ONE) crashes on trying to download packages individually.  Can anyone look into it?  For some reason my VM dos not support Download Manager (the link to which also crashes).

What do I use for my SRS 303 and how do I get hold of the right SCC binaries?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

I am not familiar with the SCC components for SRS in detail, but from the descriptions you provided, there are two pairs of components (SCC Framework plus the SCC Plugin for SRS).  The Framework is the platform into which the product-specific plugins are installed.  You need at least one plugin in order to have a fully functional SCC installation.

You will only need one of these two pairs.

For SCC 3.2:

SYB CNTRL CNTR FRAMEWORK 3.2

SRS SYBASE CONTROL CENTER 3,2

For SCC 3.3:

SAP CNTRL CTRR FRAMEWORK 3.3

SAP CONTROL CENTER 3.3 FOR SRS

I would recommend using the SCC 3.3 release and plugin since both the SCC Framework and SRS Plugins are more recent.

Please provide a link to the SAP ONE page on which you are having problems.  If that persists I would recommend opening a message to report the problem.

- Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

Thank you for your note.  I've installed the SCC 3.3 - standalone.  I wonder though what I need the SAP CNTL FRAMEWORK for?  I remember that there was a plan to have a form of SAP CNTRL FRAMEWORK on top of which the future ASE cockpit will reside (for non-standalone installations).  SCC seems like being able to work on its own?

Not sure if I need both.

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

You need both the Framework and the plugin components (it's a standard plugin architecture).  In the case, the plugin is SAP CONTROL CENTER 3.3 FOR SRS.  The framework is SAP CNTRL CTRR FRAMEWORK 3.3.

I'm not sure how you performed the installation, but the product installer should understand the fact that the plugin has a dependency and may have installed both.  If you can run the SCC server then it sounds like it was fully installed.

Look in the $SYBASE/SCC-3_3 directory.  If you see multiple subdirectories, such as log, bin, services and a number of other directories then the full Framework was installed.  If this did not happen, re-run the installer in custom mode and select all of the SCC optional features.

- Peter