Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web DMS on Web based SAP Custom Application

former_member308318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am not a DMS consultant but I was in situation to advise my business on using Web based DMS.

My business has been using Document management over years primarily based out of Germany. We want to implement web based DMS in North America to support our web based custom application in SAP. User requirement is to SAVE these documents again in SINGLE SERVER that is in Germany. I knew this is confusing J

Scenario: We are building a custom application in SAP which is completely Web based and this NOT integrated with any module in SAP. We are building only for informational purpose. To support these process, we are creating custom tables, custom screens and custom fields.

Requirement: USER SHOULD BE ABLE TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS IN THE NEWLY BUILD WEB BASED SAP CUSTOM APPLICATION.

Can you please advise if it’s doable or not?

Cheers,

Ashley.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

You can save the documents from custom web application in SAP DMS, in the same content server available in Germany provided the connectivity to the server is available.

The document can be converted to xstring and checked into the SAP DMS. Please check with your technical team. They will be able to help you.

Cheers

Amit

former_member308318
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Amit for your response.

Let me summarize my requirement

-We are creating a standalone custom WEB application using ABAP WEB DYNPRO.

-Documents should be attached in the above application we gonna build.(Ability to upload multiple documents).

-All these documents attached in custom web application should ONLY be saved in our German Local Server(DMS) not at every Center of Operation.

Please advise.

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashley,

You could interface your local web application with your DMS content server in Germany.

You could also explore the possibility of having a DMS cache server for better performance.

Check this,

SAP Cache Server integration with Content Serve... | SCN

Best Regards,

Ameya B.