cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variables in BEx Query only show key values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm working with SAP Lumira 1.29.3 and when I create a new connection to a BEx Query that has 3 Variables, in the prompt window of the data acquisition process, the variables only show the key values, not the text values. Moreover, if I try to change the shown value, it only allows the key one.

I attach an screenshot:

If you see the image, the variable P&L only shows the values with the key format and if I try to change the format, it only allows the key visualization, the other options are marked in grey.

Is this a known limitation?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I recall, this is a problem in two parts - I believe the back end requires an update/fix plus I believe it is a Lumira bug that was fixed in 1.30.

I am running 1.30 and I am able to see text/key combinations on the variables prompt screen.  However, I do not get that for all of my variables, which leads me to believe that the query or the data model itself needs to support key/text

Both those screenshots are from the same variable prompt screen for two different variables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

Whats the difference in the backend (infoobject definition or BEx query) between the variables that show key/text and the variables that only show the key value?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

My developer tells me that (a) the data model must have both text and key defined and (b) the query must specify that you want both to be available to the end user.  We believe we've found a bug in Lumira in that his query is identifying that the query should show a particular option as the default (text/key) but what is actually coming up in Lumira is different (defaults to text).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue has been addressed in Lumira 1.31 (ETA end of June).

However, please note that at the same time, it is mainly how the object is defined in the SAP BW Cube. In many cases it may not be a product defect, rather it may be how the object is defined. I'd recommenced testing in 1.31 and coming back to this thread if the issue is still there.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support

Join us for Lumira Social Hour May 26, 2016

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place