cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory logs in CC Monitoring.

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,How to check the older memory logs for a communication channel in CC Monitoring?Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Processing logs of communication channels are stored in application server memory and are not persisted in database, so you cannot retrieve old logs. If I'm not mistaken, some time ago there was discussion/suggestion regarding introduction of possibility to persist communication channel processing logs, but I have never seen it to be released so far.

Processing log of a communication channel is normally considered as a supplementary tool providing visual linkage between communication channel and messages processed by it, so if you are looking for accessing sophisticated logs containing message processing information, I would rather suggest analyzing audit log / message log in Message Monitor - whereas communication channel processing log is only valid for observation of very recent communication channel activity (not truly historic and long retrospective analysis of channel processing)

What you can do, is you can adjust number of processing log entries that are kept per communication channel per server node. By default this value is 25 (meaning, latest 25 processing log entries are available for every server node for communication channel). This value is defined using property "administration.processHistoryLength" of a Java service "XPI Service: AF Core" (see some more explanations at Properties for XPI Service: AF Core - Configuring Process Integration After Installation - SAP Libra...). Please note that you will need to restart a system for changes to take effect.

Please make changes to this property with caution: even though increase of value of this property will allow you to have access to longer processing log entries history, this also has impact on memory consumption. Since processing logs are kept in memory, the more entries are kept per channel, the more memory will be consumed for this. This may have even more significant negative impact, if there are many actively used communication channels: since the property is channel independent, extensive amount of processing log entries will be kept in memory for all channels, potentially leading to high memory consumption. So, generally speaking, it is not recommended to significantly increase value of this property.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

As per my knowledge you cant get old logs in CC.

You can search for the message in the message monitoring based on service interface.

For more details on CC monitoring check the below link

(PI) Communication channel monitoring - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki