cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

infostore/cuid_ xml - cannot find the default settings of a report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the /infotstor/cuid_xxxx call, I get the xml of objects, let's say a webi object (3, 2, 1  a webi object), and I can see the properties of the object, it's type, cuid, name, last update, author, etc. 

But I cannot find the default setting portion of the properties within that xml.

Does anyone know down which branch I can find that information?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

What default settings, specifically, are you looking for?

Requesting details using CUID returns high-level infoobject details and the object can be one of many types: a folder, webi document, crystal report, a server etc.

For a webi document type there is a Webi REST SDK that will provide additional details,

If you get the ID of the document (<documentId> )from your infostore request, you can get more information with the Webi (raylight) apis.

GET   ...<servername>:6405/biprws/raylight/v1/documents/<documentId>

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just cannot find the default settings node in the xml returned.\

ahh, raylight, i'm unfamiliar with that library, checking

thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

awesome, got the object, still now searching that structure for default settings properties for this report

really close though

can't thank you enough

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you're welcome

the call you might be looking for is:

GET   .../biprws/raylight/v1/<documentId>/properties

if not, what specific default settings (which view in BILaunchpad) are you looking for?

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure, simple silly exercise, we have a validation i'm automating to confirm the universe and connection

so manually, it's right click, properties, or default properties, default settings, report universes, boom

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, looking for and cannot find the raylight documentation

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

documentation is found at:

Help.sap.com -> Analytics ->SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence ->SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform ->SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1 or 4.2

SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 – SAP Help Portal Page

The Raylight document is called: SAP BusinessObjects RESTful Web Service SDK User Guide for Web Intelligence and the BI Semantic Layer

to get universe IDs for a webi document:

GET  /raylight/v1/documents/<documentId>/dataproviders

the datasourceID in the response can be used to get details of the universe.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

dood u rock!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

One final question...

I've gotten the document and dataprovider information for this report from the raylight/documents and .../dataproviders namespace.

From that, I've linked to and gotten the universe informaiton for this report from the universes namespace.

From within the CMC Console, I can examine the properties of the universe and see its connection.

And I can get the connection list and details using the connections namespace.

But, I cannot find the link in the returned xml that shows that this report/document/dataprovider or universe utilizes which specific connection.

Any additional guidance would be most helpful.  It does not appear to be described in the documentation linked above.

Thanks!

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

I don't believe there is any way to piece together the connections used with dataproviders using the 4.1 restful sdk. 

with the BI 4.2 restful SDK, you could simply run a query directly to get the results since it has a new cmsQuery API.

The other method would be to use the Semantic Layer Java SDK,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the response

i see in the cmc interface, i can right click on the connection and select 'check relationships' and it

takes me to a query results page, so, yeah, i was kinda going down that query path as well

i am also trying to determine what our actual version is, this is a user requirement that will compel an upgrade if we are not already there

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Version info can be retrieved with

../biprws/raylight/v1/about

no logon required, just paste into a browser

Dan

Answers (0)