cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design a query without using Net Weaver Query Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if any alternative way to <b>design an query without using Net weaver GUI</b>? in order to reduce the time consuming, I am wondering if there have any method which can define/modify a stack of cells, characteristics and structures without work through the GUI.

Deeply thank for any of your advices.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure, if I understand your question correctly, but I assume you are talking about the BEx Query Designer (NetWeaver GUI??), to build queries in BW and use them in Visual Composer with the BI Kit?

The current version of VC & BI Kit needs an existing query, on top of which you can either use a query template or you can write your own MDX-statement. Latter one of course needs MDX-knowledge.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, It's such a helpful answer for me. Here's another scenario, I am using BEx Query Designer to build a set of BW queries with same structures but differ in cell definitions. The simplest way to define each cell's property one by one under BEx query designer envirnment respectively. But have you got any ideas could define a set of cells(entire rows/colums) efficiently and wisely?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give an example?

Just from what you write, I would assume that you talk about something like a mass-property-changer. As far as I know the BEx this is not really possible, but what I do normally is building one query and then either using query-views (saving more or less the navigation state) or by copying and changing the properties of the few characteristics and key figures.

But without a specific example it's difficult to exactly understand what you exactly need.

Mario

Answers (0)