cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 Setting flavor as default for all users

0 Kudos

Hi,

does anybody know if there is a way to set a flavor as a default for (an)other user(s), so that they don't need to go through selecting the flavor from the flavor gallery and setting it as default themselves?

I remember we were able to do that with Personas 2.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrickaagaard
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

You are able to assign flavors and set them as default using transaction: "/personas/admin". You can choose to do so based on username or role.

With best regards,

Patrick Aagaard

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick, thanks for the reply.

I see on /personas/admin where to share/assign the flavors with users and/or roles.

I don't see, though, where do I set the flavor as default for those users. They have been getting the original screen as default after I share the flavor with them and having to set the flavor as default themselves. I looked at the sharing via the flavor and could not find a way to do it from there, either.

Can you please tell me where I can do that in /personas/admin or another transaction that I may be missing?

Thanks!

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

You need to take your flavor in /personas/admin, open it, then select an user ID (under "Sharing/Assignment" section), then click on "Go to User". You will see the "Flavor Manager" section, where you have a radio button to select the Default flavor.

Kind regards,

Cris

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

For more details (including screenshots), I would like to suggest you to visit the Administration Guide available in the Personas wiki.

Kind regards,

Cris

0 Kudos

Thanks, I found it in User Configuration under User and Role Maintenance in /personas/admin. For some reason I can't see the option go to user from the Flavor Maintenance.

Thank you!!!

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

Probably you are running a different Personas Support Package level. The example I mentioned is from SP03.

Kind regards,

Cris

former_member669333
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Can i deactivate default flavor for them to force the user to go through my flavor??

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, you could switch to your flavor via scripting, thus override the default - as long as that script is shared with the user.
As for the above thread though: it is over 4 years old, and everything changed in the Admin transaction in the meantime, so keep that in mind.

Answers (0)