Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iviews on SAP PPM and their control and settings

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you please tell me about iviews on SAP PPM and how can we control, their outputs and do the settings on them?

Please suggest me any document to read on them.

Any information short or detail on it, Please provide.

Thanks & Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

SAP provides standard content for PPM in a portal environment. This standard content contains roles, iViews, a.s.o. and you can build your own portal roles or worksets for portal roles with this standard content.

Basically there are different types of iViews which act different (e.g. embedding a SAP GUI transaction needs another type of iViews than embedding WD applications like INM_WORKCENTER_APP or CPROJECTS_FPM, CPROJECTS_SEARCH, ....)

For these PPM applications SAP provides 'ready-to-go' iViews.

iViews can be customized with some more or less useful parameters. One of these parameters is 'use portal stylesheet = YES/NO'. YES = portal stylesheet is used; NO = ABAP stylesheet is used.

Another possibility is to pass JAVAscript parameters to the Browser Window (e.g. location=no, toolbar=no, resizable=yes) or pass (WD) applications parameters from the iView to the WD application.

You can also define inside the iView, if the application should open inplace or separate window. And you can define the width and height of these separate window.

There are some more options, but it depends on your portal usage (e.g. different roles with nearly the same worksets, so you have to use the merge-function of iViews) .

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter. It was very helpful.

Is there a t-code to access and customize these iviews?

And, is there a repository where I can see all the iviews available and can be customized from there directly as and when required?

More or less I want to know where all these iviews are located and con be configured or customized as per requirement.

Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

no there is no t-code because all the magic happens on your portal machine and not your Backend. First you need special authorizations for the portal administration. In a normal way your portal consultants will have this auth (or also your SAP Basis guys who maintain system settings on the portal machine).

If you have the authorizations some additional roles will appear in your portal head navigation

The content respository with 'content delivered by SAP' can be found within "Content Administration" (btw: the looking of the tabs depends on your used framework page)

Within the content administration navigate to 'Portal Content Management'. An tree with folders will appear.

If you go down the following depicted hierarchy you will find:

1) PPM content delivered by SAP (iViews, roles, worksets, a.s.o.)

2) ERP Common Parts with ABAP launchpad iView

These are the original ones - be careful! Your portal consultants will have used copies instead, please ask them, how they implemented your portal navigation with PPM content.

br,

Peter

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks once again Peter.

Its indeed very good information . I will surely check with our Portal consultant on this.

But, could you also please tell me that how portal navigation with PPM is implemented in a standard way?

If it goes a long discussion then I will open a new thread for it

Thank you very much!

Best Regards

Saurabh

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

it's very important that you have portal know-how to influence the navigation as well as the look-and-feel.

To have a short overview I can give you two links, which are already a few years old but in my opinion very good insight in what you can do with your SAP portal. As the documentation/consulting is rather old it excludes Fiori-based navigation, that is also a benefit coming to SAP Portal (support for FIORI launchpads):

I doubt that there is a 'standard' way PPM portal navigation is implemented. As customizing the portal navigation is very flexible, it depends on your needs.

In a 'normal' way (if there is one) you define portal roles and assign worksets to these roles. Worksets contain the different iViews. You use worksets, because you can reuse them in different roles, making maintenance much easier.

SAP delivers this content (see my posting with screenshots) with default roles (compared to the PFCG roles) with worksets and their iViews. Roles in a portal (content) environment mean navigation but not authorization! Autorization for the usage of PPM is done in the backend by PFCG-roles (and ACLs on the frontend).

But you can use these worksets or even single iViews detached as 'copies' for your own worksets and portal roles.

br,

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Hans-Peter,

I have an issue in my portal when I want to open a Bucket from the Portfolio Structure Graphic scope from my PPM 5.0. When I select a bucket and use the little black arrow, I have the possibility to open the bucket. When I do this the portal tries to access our xRPM (4.5) production system.

I found out that xRPM and PPM-PFM have the same system alias SAP_RPM. As we have the PPM 5.0 and xRPM 4.5 both in the portal, this is probably where it got tangled up.

Do you have any suggestions to what I can do to get it fixed? Do I need to have basis create a new system alias to use in PPM 5.0 or could I do something with the iViews?

Br,

Morten

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Morten,

How do you manage running xRPM 4.5 and PPM 5.0 in parallel? Perhaps I don't understand your initial position. I'm wondering how this can work in general together via one SAP EP as xRPM is WD JAVA and the successor portfoliomanagement (5.0) is WD ABAP.

If i would try a long guess i would suppose that the system alias in your portal has to do with.

Can you just try the same via NWBC (as PFM 5.0 runs stand alone also). What happens if you jump off your bucket via this little black arrow?

br,
Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the late reply. My original thought was also system alias. I have checked the portal content for iViews "Portfolio Structure for Portfolio Management" and Portfolio Structure for Administration". But what "worries" me is, that I think these are for the "Bucket Structure" tab and not the "Portfolio Structure Graphic" tab. Can you confirm? And if so, where do I find the "iView for "Portfolio Structure Graphic"?

When I try to open the Bucket from the Graphic, it opens a new window which tries to log into the old RPM 4.5 system we are running. This is only happening in the portal. From NWBC it works fine.

Br,

Morten