Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Transfer from APO to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Greetings of the Day.

We created an exclusive Configurable Product in APO, Executed the Production Planning run (/n/SAPAPO/CDPSB0) for the same product, verified its Planned Orders (/n/SAPAPO/RRP3) and Set the Conversion Indicator on the planned orders.

Now we are struck up in transferring these planned orders to ECC for further processing.

Before that we want to transfer the Product first from APO to ECC, to maintain the consistency.

Below are the questions we are facing

Q1: Can we send the product master from APO to ECC? (We got to know its not advisable, but still...) If YES, how can we do it

Q2. How to transfer the Planned Orders from APO to ECC?

Apologies if these questions are very basic. We just started exploring PP/DS

Thanks much for your patient reading

Cheers,
venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

material master updates don't flow from APO to ECC within standard CIF. In case you really need to do this (where I still can't imagine a real reason), there will be no other way than to use an RFC enabled function module in ECC which will be triggered from APO right after an update.

Any transfer of PP/DS orders from APO to ECC is standard in case you follow the normal rules, i.e. product master data has been integrated from ECC. Otherwise you would need to do what I stated first (i.e. custom material master update process) and additionally you would also need to fill all relevant mapping tables in a consistent way.

I think this shows pretty well that you rather redesign the process instead of forcing the system into an unsupported process.

regards Peter

former_member200970
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

As a standard practice the Master Data flows from ECC to APO but not vise versa.

Where as the transactional data (say stocks, orders .etc) flow in both directions.

Q1: Can we send the product master from APO to ECC? (We got to know its not advisable, but still...) If YES, how can we do it

No we can not send the product master data to ECC for creating a material master using standard procedures.

In order to transfer the data from ECC to APO  or APO to ECC, we need CIF in place.

There are two major functionalities of CIF they are

1. Transfer of Data

2. Mapping of Data.

this two functionalities can not help the reverse flow of data from ECC to APO for Master data.

So, We can not create a Material Master using Product Master.

Best Regards

Arvind Pabba

0 Kudos

Hello..

R: Maybe creating Non- standard RFC to fill the material tables in ECC.

Q2. How to transfer the Planned Orders from APO to ECC?

R: If the material doesn't exists, how the ECC will know some important data to save the planned order.

Marcelo

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did anyone read his post?

He created the material directly in APO.

so cif will not work regardless of any normal cif settings.

Ken

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

In PPDS global settings , please check what setting is maintained for "Transfer to R/3 In-House production".

A helpful thread is attached for your reference.

Shubham

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Planned order not transferred from APO to ECC | SCN

Hi

Please refer the above thread in continuation to my earlier reply.

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks Shubam, for your quick reply.

The settings are "Always Create transfer Events(default)" for the Transfer to R/3 In-House Production.

But before this the product is primarily created in APO only, and its not transferred to R/3 yet.

Can we transfer this product by any chance and clear the data inconsistency?

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Below extract from the useful thread is pasted.

Please explore the above.

Shubham