cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply Planning on Daily time bucket

achal_gautam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can we recreate/change all the Supply Planning Key Figures in SAPIBP1 in daily time bucket ? Does IBP6.1 supports supply planning in daily time bucket. Please give suggestions.

Thanks,

Achal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Achal,

Yes, IBP 6.1 does support daily bucket supply planning provided you have time profile uploaded at this granularity and planning levels has days as root.

Thanks,

Rohit

pramod_mane2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Achal,

Even though technically planning in daily buckets is supported, we currently only recommend to use  Supply Planning as part of S&OP process which is typically in Monthly or Weekly bucket.

Can you describe the business requirements to plan in daily buckets?

Regards,

Pramod

achal_gautam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for your reply. We were exploring the idea of doing Supply Planning on daily buckets as it is not recommended to do Supply Planning on Technical Week. As per business requirement, we cant use calendar week (week to month relationship) for Supply Planning.

Regards,

Achal

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Achal

it would be interesting to understand business reason why you cannot work with full weeks.

You should still be able to split down the weekly values with split factors to days and aggregate back to proper months by some intelligent concept to compare with sales forecasting, if that is your concern that the week falls into the wrong month (ok, I have not tested exactly that, but split factors are pretty powerful and work as well cross time-buckets)

achal_gautam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

The business requirement is to use technical week concept in supply and its not supported in Supply Planning. As week to month relation is not 1:1 and some months may be longer or shorter depending on week.

Also we have not yet tested Split factor concept, but I think we will have to apply this concept on all Supply Planning Key figures and all the supply planning Key figures in SAPIBP1 Planning Area are on weeks.
Will the split factor work when the planning level of all Supply Key Figures is week ?

Thanks

Achal

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Achal

I know that supply does not support technical weeks yet, and why and how technical weeks work

But Supply suports full weeks.

It may have some difficulties in having split calculation in the same KF (I think it should work, but cannot promise)

You could have a calculation in technical weeks that has the calculation from weeks to technical weeks by split factor for the supply figures, and from there you can aggregate up to months.

I have not tested it myself, but I cannot see a reason why it should not work.

What you would need is one KF that holds the information of the share, which could be calculated itself, so you could use attribute weekweight for example . due to the big amount of key figures it is some diligent work... Compare model config guide chapter 17.9

Please note that the split-calculated values on technical weeks are only for display or usage as source KF in copy operator. You cannot change them

The bigger challenge is to include the technical weeks into the copy of SAPIBP1. You will need to create a new time profile (e.g. as a copy from the demand planning area which is already in technical weels) and exchange the time profile in your IBP1-copy. And load profile data.

Than you would need to check all key figures that have any kind of PERIODID calculation and if they still work, as your numbering of the PERIODIDn changes (compare chapter 8.13 and 17.1 in model config guide). If you have already key figure data in the system, you will loose them. If you have already some interfaces, you nay need to adjust them. And so on.

Nevertheless, I personally would give it a trial before I start supply in daily buckets, not only because of sizing and performance. If you run heuristics on daily buckets, you would need to compare results on weely bucket to understand them, which would add quite some complexity to the users. I would try to avoid that.

So I would guess it should work with split factors, but it will be quite some effort

Would be interesting if you could post ypour experience, if / once you have tried it, as others have the same requirement

If I find the time to test, I would update here

Yours

Irmi

Answers (0)