cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need validation in PS(workcenter) to prevent using it in any project(activities).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS gurus,

i am PS consultant , and i am using Workcenters category  (machine) , i need when a machine is defected or have a malfunction the system prevent me to confirm any activities assigned with this Workcenter or to assign it in any other project until it repaired.

so is there any standard solution or it must be enhanced.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ismail

This is a very good question, usually asked but not explored by people. Our implementation too is one such.

In standard there is a link provided between the Machine masterdata and Machine Work center.

Machine master data means Equipment in PM module. (IE03). Here in Location tab there is a field Work center which is meant for specifying this Machine as a Work Center (Catgy 0001).

But then the Link/integration story stops.

People keep this field blank.

In an implementation PM people create Machines as Equipments whereas PP people create Machines as Work Centers (0001).

But one to one connection in IE03 is rarely done.

PM practice

When a Machine goes down, PM man creates a Breakdown Notification/Order (PM objects) on this.

Here your query enters and there is lack of information to me as far as Standard way of preventing activities.

I believe, had there been such standard arrangement, I would have known in these years I spent in SAP.

Then, having technical exposure, I am sure that we can explore Enhancements and make it happen the checks you intend.

Pre-requisite

Work Center field in the Location tab of IE03 / IL03 should be filled.

Then the PP area pr PS area enters. You need to explore the user-exits in CJ20N area where the code first checks whether any Open Breakdown Objects on PM Technical Objects (Equipment/FLocn) exist, if yes it will not let any changes in WBS elements to happen or any PS related activites on that Work center (means PM Equipment) take place.

The Equipment vs Work center connecting information is available in table V_EQUI

The Breakdown information on Equipment (means your Work center) comes form table V_QMEL and AUFK

Usually the types of Breakdown Notification is M2, and Breakdown ORder is PM02 (This information is for coding purposes)

You need to work with the PM people, ABAP persons with these inputs. I am unable to provideispecific information about user-exits in the WBS area, which you can easily get from net.

Perhaps that's all from my side.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer but unfortunately there is no PM module in this project ,so can we handle it from PS side with ABAP?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then the first question comes, how would you tell the system that a particular machine is under Breakdown. If you can tell the system in terms of some system data then based on that you can write your check codes in the respective WBS related user-exits.I will suggest how to do this. (ABAP way).

• You will have a Ztable Work Center vs Machine Status
  • You can have more fields also, but you will develop that once after the solution is implemented.
  • The Machine Status field can be a CHAR1 field having 'X' or blank values.
  • Now you will be updating this status field with X when the work center is under breakdown and Clearing this when it restores to operation.
  • The code in the exit checks the value against this Work center status in the Z table and if finds X, then it prevents the activities.

The ztable can be more evolved to have one entry for each Breakdown so that you will not do V or clear activity but you will add a new entry to it for each breakdown. This structure of Z tables will be like

Work Center  Date1    Time1    Date2    Time2   

I hope you understand that Date1 Time1 Date2 Time2 are for BDn Start and End Date/ times.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few user-exits for WBS

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read the table name V_QMEL in my first response as VIQMEL please. It was a typo

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BAdi  WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE  interface AT_SAVE  looks can address the checks you need.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for help, i found that there is a user status in the Workcenter master data as shown in scrnshot , i added a status profile with workceneter objects and assigned it to workcenter category but the users status still dimmed, it will be helpful if we active it, any suggestions?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My system is also like that. I tried but could not succeed in enabling the same. No relevant SAP Note seen.

former_member261747
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ismail

Please Check Change status of Work Center - Toolbox for IT Groups for activate user status.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

I believe the user status is of no use.

When you try to maintain object types in BS02 for the status, you will get a message

May be this is the reason why user status field is greyed out in work centre.

Regards

Terence

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use a CO validation to prevent postings when your specified conditions apply.  Like Jorgeswara said, you will have to indicate in the system somewhere when a workcenter is "out of commission".

You need to use a CO validation as opposed to a WBS user exit because the WBS ones only trigger when you are changing a WBS and not posting to one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

help please,