cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization of SAP PERSONAS failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to setup Screen Personas 3.0, and we have done all the required pre-configuration settings.

We get a pop up in the browser as " Initialization of SAP PERSONAS failed"- after that the WebGUI opens, and we could not see the "P" icon.

We have confirmed with our installation team that all required steps were followed, we also checked all necessary SAP NOTES.

All green lights in the 'Personas Health Check'.

Note: Due to few system restrictions, we are not planning to upgrade (currently it is Personas 3.0 SP01 ), but we have installed the required NOTES for SP01 as mentioned in the installation documentation.

Request your suggestions.

- Tamil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

Have you checked SAP KBA 2313501?

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Cris,

We did try out this KBA and all related activities mentioned there.

Our error message is different - while we open the URL, the first pop-up is "Initialization of SAP PERSONAS failed".

Thank you.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

Please check whether the profiles for your Personas roles were generated in PFCG. The user ID you are using to access Personas should also have one of the roles in the profile.

Have you implemented SAP note 2276155 too?

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cris,

Sorry about the late reply.

Yes, the roles were generated in PFCG, and we have assigned the role

"/PERSONAS/ADMIN_ROLE".

Note 2276155 is also implemented.

We did try with SAP support, they are also trying their best.

Regards,

Tamil

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

I guess the best approach is having SP02 (or SP03) installed.

It is also not clear the kernel version and patch level you are using in the system.

Depending on the patch level, it might be incompatible with SP01.

Regards,

Cris

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

I think you are from the same customer with a corresponding OSS incident and your system is on kernel 7.42 patch 400. That patch level is too high for SP01. The recommended patch level for SP01 is 300 and there have been kernel changes since which won't work with SP01. You either have to downgrade your kernel patch to 300 or install SP03 as Cris suggested.

I would recommend the latter because at this point, SP01 is out of support.

SP03 has a host of new features and it is much better overall than SP01.

Regards,

Tamas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

Thank you.

I heard from my admin team that the issue was with the SP01 component installation; and we have upgraded to SP03. It works awesome !