cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating attribute value based on a Lookupfield value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have requirement in our project in which we need to update an text attribute value based on a lookup field value .i.e. (attribute should have exact same value as that of lookup field value).

Data will get updated in the lookup field and we want the lookup fields data  to get copied to the attribute values(already defined text values should not be used for populating the attribute value ).

I thought of trying this using MDM workflows but I guess it is not possible.

I have a though of converting the attribute value into a lookup field and then can copy the value from the required using workflow ,but I am not sure whether this would be correct approach for the solution.

Can you please help me with this as we have an urgent requirement for this.

Regards,

PB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi There,

There are 2 ways of doing it.

1) Assignments

2) Calculated field

In the Expression just use the Lookup field which needs to be updated. This should do the trick.

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Thank you for reply

We want to update attribute value and it is not maintained in any lookup field these values are maintained at taxonomy table level. I have heard of branch assignments which can help me in this but when I tried using I am not able to run the child assignment. Can you please help me with an example or any doc that can help me to write a branch assignment.

About calculated fields can u please elaborate how it can be achieved ?

Regards,

PB