Did you mean: 

CAN'T connect DAA to solman71

cherry_li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have a problem.

i can't connect the diagnostic agent to solman.

I have tried the smdsetup command and restart the DAA, but haven't solved the problem.

and here is the log file.

May 19, 2016 5:36:14 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Info       [SMDConnector.resetBroker] reset the p4 broker (close:true)

May 19, 2016 5:36:14 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Info       [SMDConnector.resetBroker] p4 broker closed.

May 19, 2016 5:36:14 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Info       Local P4 port opened on port '59804'.

May 19, 2016 5:36:14 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Info       Local P4 server configured with transport layer 'None'.

May 19, 2016 5:36:14 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Info       [SMDConnector.resetBroker] p4 broker initialized.

May 19, 2016 5:36:14 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Info       [p4://10.26.91.29:50004] Checking server availability...

May 19, 2016 5:36:14 PM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Warning    Connecting to SMD server p4://10.26.91.29:50004 failed - error counter: 9306 - com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances: 10.26.91.29:50004 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: 10.26.91.29 and port: 50004]

And I have checked the java processes are runing in mmc, but not shown in netweaver administrator as attached files. confused

thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check /usr/sap/SMD/SMDA98/SMDAgent/configuration/runtime.properties. Does it direct to the right port? If not you can change is using command smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"<servername>" port:"XXXX".

Try to check the runtime.properties again and it should be:

smd.agent.connection.url=ms\://<servername>\:<port>/P4

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Carroll M

cherry_li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have check the runtime.properties.

it says

smd.agent.connection.url=ms\://ILTLVLSSC93.emea.global.corp.sap\:50004/P4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to run:

smdsetup managingconf  hostname:"ILTLVLSSC93.emea.global.corp.sap" port:"8104" user:"SOLMAN_ADMIN" pwd:"xxxxxxx" and then restart the services

Thanks.

Regards,

Carroll

cherry_li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi

my SCS instance number is 02, so the message server port is 8102.

I have tried, but still can't connect DAA to solman.

thx

best regards.

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following:

1) Stop the Diagnostics agent.

2) Run the smdsetup script as described in note 1907909, and point to the JAVA SCS MS:

smdsetup managingconf hostname"sapms://10.26.91.29" port:"8102"

(preferably, use the FQDN and make sure that a Telnet from the managed machine can reach the solman in this port)

3) Restart the Diagnostics agent.

If it still does not work, check the role type as described in KBA 1963017.

If still you're having errors, check that the "TrustedP4Port" property is correct set in the Java NWA. This is done as described in KBA 2013578.

As of SAP Solution Manager 7.10 SP14 the TrustedP4Port and TrustedP4SPort can be easialy enabled in step 'Set Authentication Policy for Agents' in the System Preparation (SOLMAN_SETUP). NOTE: After enable the ports using the SOLMAN_SETUP, step 'Set Authentication Policy for Agents' the Solution Manager JAVA stack must be restarted.

For prior releases the steps to configure the TrustedP4Port or TrustedP4SPort ports are:

1) Go to "SAP NetWeaver Administrator" (/nwa) page of the Solution Manager Java stack.

2) Go to 'Configuration'

3) Go to 'System Properties'

4) Expand each instance entry (named like "Instance IDXXXXXXXXXX").

5) Select tab section "Services"

6) Search for service "security"

7) In the 'Properties' table find the "TrustedP4Port" property.

😎 Provide the P4 port number to the TrustedP4Port of the server node.

9) In the 'Properties' table find the "TrustedP4SPort" property.

10) Provide the P4S port number to the TrustedP4SPort of the server node.

11) Repeat the steps 4 to 8 for every "ServerX IDXXXXXXXXXX" of every instance.

This KBA also describes an issue related to connecting the agents with certificate method.

Regards,

Daniel.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cherry,

You have to check few things on your os level.

1. You have to ping the hostname of solman system  from managed system WSX

2. if the host is getting ping properly , then you have to check the p4 port is open or not.

if your solman instance number is $$ then the p4 number will be 5$$04.

To check the port is open or not , you have to run the command

telnet <hostname/IP of solman host> 5$$04

if you are getting error , then you have to open the port in firewall.

Let us know the output of the above activities.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

cherry_li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

thx

1. ping OK.

2. the port is open.

But I still can't connect the DAA to solman WSX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cherry,

Try this command.

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://10.26.91.29" port:"8100"

Regards

Anand

cherry_li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

thx~

I tried the command,  but it didn't work.

The log is shown as above.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cherry,

can you check if P4 port is correct.

Thanks

Rishav

cherry_li
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos