cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend Services are already registered for System Alias

Former Member

Hi Team,

I tried to activate ODATA service (GRC_ACCESSREQUEST_TRACK) through transaction /n/iwfnd/maint_service but it shows an error 

"Backend Services are already registered for system Alias 'EQ1' "

1. GRC_ACCESSREQUEST_TRACK service is presenting in /n/iwfnd/maint_service transaction but not in ZGRC_ACCESSREQUEST_TRACK.

This service is presenting SICF also.

Note: Without conversion of ZGRC_ACCESSREQUEST_TRACK, we can't transport to Quality.

If i am wrong, Please help me.

Thanks

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are seeing the service GRC_ACCESSREQUEST_TRACK in the Service Catalog list that means this service is already active - registered with the system ED1 in your case. The corresponding SICF node will also already be present.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vakil,

Thanks for swift replay.

Yes, service and node already activated.

With out ZGRC_ACCESSREQUEST_TRACK we can can't transport right.

Regards

Raja

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While activating the service the 'Z' gets appended automatically before the service name in the Technical Service Name. You can try to deactivate and delete the SICF node from the bottom left in the Service Catalog screen and then delete the service. Then again go to Add Service, select your system alias and activate the service. In the popup that appears when activating just verify that the technical service name is ZGRC_ACCESSREQUEST_TRACK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vakil,

I did the steps, as you mentioned but service is not deleted.it shows an error

"Service can only be deleted in original system 'SAP' ".

Thanks

Raja

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you trying to delete the service in the development environment? If you are trying to delete from the QAS/PRD environment then you can not do this. Refer this note - 2244649 - SAP Netweaver Gateway Odata service transport FAQ specifically point 1 under Solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..Vakil

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if you are trying to delete the service from QAS/PRD gateway, this won't work. You will have to first delete it in the DEV gateway - which would be assigned to a transport request and then move this transport to the QAS/PRD gateway systems. Only using this way the service can be deleted from hte QAS/PRD systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Thanks for Info. I was try to activate service in Quality system also. i am getting same error

" Backend Services are already registered for System Alias 'ED1' ".

Service is working in both systems, so i decide no need to convert Z because it is working.

If i am wrong correct me.

Thanks

Raja