cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve requests fiori for abap class workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

would you please confirm by example wither "Approve request"/"sap fiori inbox" will work for "abap class workflow" .

If yes i have not see any example can help us in that as we are doing full custom application which does not link to BOR. Also how to pass outcome as there is only one outcome in the class based activity .

i ready go throw many documents  about Approve request but all of them it talking about BOR and non of them refer to class based workflow.

Your time and effort is highly appreciated  .

Thanks & Regards,

Mufeed Farhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mufeed,

I think you are talking about abap class "method" in SAP Business Workflow, right?

My Inbox do not care about method level, it reads workitems in Inbox.

What kind of error do you have?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Masayuki for your replay .

Yes , you are right i meant abap class method . I have not get any error yet . The thing is that i already created class method for my workflow and as i understand from the documentation that each level approver should be an Activity which have to be assigned to a task and the task should be assign either to BOR or ABAP CLASS . In my case i use ABAP Class , now the outcomes of this activity should equal to the number of action on my fiori application (inbox or Approve request or any )  . The problem is that iam not able to add N required action in the activity that is assigned to abap class task . But in case of BOR they are coming automatically . So how to solve this problem ?

Your time and effort is highly appreciated  .

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Mufeed,

Looks like you are confusing standard User Decisions with other types of tasks.

FIrstly you do not usually have to change your existing workflow at all to work with Fiori My Inbox

Workflow user decisions are BOR based & use outcomes as the answers.

These outcomes are automatically mapped to buttons in the Fiori My Inbox app

However for any other type of workflow task, including ABAP Class tasks Fiori My Inbox gives 3 options for actioning the task

1. For simple actions such as approve/reject configure a decision key for each button you want displayed for the task in the My Inbox configuration & implement them in the BADI i.e. Use the BADI to call a background method to perform the data updates that match the button. Eg an approve button would heed code in the BADI to update the object to set it to approved status

2. For more complex tasks, Use the standard Open Task button & intent navigation to launch to another app where the task is performed

3. For tasks where you want to tailor the UI further, use the inbox extensibility.

None of the above options require changes to your workflow

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer ,

Would you please tell me what do you mean by " confusing standard User Decisions with other types of tasks" ? iam useing standard task as "the Approve notification of absence " task "TS30000016" . I found that _WI_RESULT is not available in abap class container for workflow . Also , the outcome of the activity WS30000015-"48" is Approve , Reject . I tried to replicate the same scenario but with abap class instead of BOR but the outcome available only are :

1-Step executed

2-Processing obsolete

also we cant add any more outcome .

how can we match the outcome as Approved , Rejected with the activity as the system does not allow us to add them in list ? What to pass as a decision key in Badi ?

Thanks for your help & support .