cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP personas 3.0 and IE 11

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts, I read this blog and would like to know if SAP has any latest updates on this ? https://www.itsfullofstars.de/2015/09/personas-3-and-ie11/ From the author of the blog he says As of August 20th, Microsoft delivered a patch that looks to address the issue (“MS provided a new version of IE11 which dramatically improves the performance issue”). As the notes state, SAP is taking a look into this and when the patches provided by Microsoft are evaluated and considered good enough, SAP will update the note [1] and IE11 will be supported. Could you please update us on whats happening between SAP and Microsoft and Personas 3.0  and IE 11 story. Best regards, pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I would say: keep looking the following IE11 performance related notes:

2163772 - IE Issue: Massive performance issues in IE11

2099080 - IE Issue: Performance issue IE11 quirks mode

2170160 - IE Issue: Massive performance issues after installing KB3038314

IE11 is supported, as long as you have the required software components described in the SAP Product Availability Matrix (PAM).

Kind regards,

Cris

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christiano, I could see that NW 7.4 version is fine with IE11 and that personas 3.0 works fine there. if you read this from the blog that was written as i posted earlier (in the link for blog)... As of August 20th, Microsoft delivered a patch that looks to address the issue (“MS provided a new version of IE11 which dramatically improves the performance issue”). As the notes state, SAP is taking a look into this and when the patches provided by Microsoft are evaluated and considered good enough, SAP will update the note [1] and IE11 will be supported. For now we`ll have to wait and hope that this will be done early. Could you please let me know if SAP has updated note for IE11 support ? thats what i was interested to know .What is SAP's update after Microsoft did their work from their side . Best regards, pradeep.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Our UR team is always looking for web browser changes and testing with our software. The notes I pointed out in my first reply are updated when necessary.

Cheers,

Cris

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Cristiano. Best regards, pradeep.