Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1IEX problem with Reverse material document before cancelling excise invoice

former_member388650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is with Imports Purchase cycle.

Steps we follow are as under.

1) Preapre & Release PO.

2) Park Excise duties in MIR7 against PO.

3) Capture Excise duties in J1IEX with reference to PO and Invoice document generated in step 2.

4) Prepare GR against PO and choose "Refer Excise Invoice" and refer to Invoice document generated in step 2.

5) Post excise duties in J1IEX for internal document generated in step 3.

Now due to wrong entries, we need to cancel the documents. Step 5 is not done so far. The process is to be reversed before step 5.

For this,

1) we cancelled GR prepared in step 4 with movement type 122 "Return Delivery" (as Usage Decision is made for GR) and choose "No Excise".

we referred Material document generated in step 4.

2) Now, we cancel excise invoice internal document generated in step 3 through J1IEX.

Now, at this point system is not allowing to cancel. It gives error 4F 147. "Reverse the material document before cancelling the excise invoice."

How do I cancel my internal document generated in step 3 ? Once this happens then only I can cancel parked duties (Step 2) and re enter with correct details.

Pl. help ASAP.

Regards,

Vishram

3 REPLIES 3

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post J1IS for 122 material document to reverse the excise for that particular quantity in material document. You cannot cancel an Excise Invoice which is posted.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

I have not yet posted excise invoice. STEP 5 is not performed. Corrections are to be done before posting of excise invoice.

As per your suggestion, I tried in J1IS but there it asks for internal document number to Post excise invoice. There is no excise invoice for 122 material document. But when I gave internal document of 101 material document and tried to post, it gave me error 8I 336 - interval not found for object J_1IEXCLOC as it searches for Excise Group 01 and Series Group = BLANK(' '). There is not series group in GRPO excise invoice.

The point here is - Part1 gets generated when we create GR. So, while doing 122, Part1 was not updated accordingly. So, it does not allow to cancel excise invoice.

How to resolve this ?

Regards,

Vishram

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Part 1 can only be canceled along with Material document cancellation. Since you performed return delivery, now there is no solution to correct it.

I can understand the issue. Once UD is taken, you can not cancel the Material document. You should have implemented UD reversal note and tried cancelling the Material document instead of Return delivery.

There is no harm if you do not cancel the Excise invoice since Part 2 posting is not yet done. If you wish you do it still, change the Excise invoice status to "B" Canceled at table level.