cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding XI's future Enhancements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

i have noticed one thing in XI and its that most of the functiinalities have been provided via ABAP as well as Java,which gives me a Idea that SAP is covering both flanks and thats a gud thing,What i want to know is that in future will the thrust be more on Java or ABAP in XI(in terms on development).will Java replace ABAP or ABAP replace Java or no one will replace no one:)

I know its kinda hard to predict the future but just want to get ur views.

I think Java has an edge over ABAP:)

thanx

Ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just my view: ABAP is not a replacement for any thing and at the same time no other language is a replacement for ABAP. java will not replace all the abap functionalities. most of the sap business process lies in the core of abap....and abap is 4th generation language that controls most of complex busniess logic in sap.....except kernal other basis compnents are written in abap. earlier in one discussion i came to know that abap is the only language that goes very near to all the properties of OOPS concept than java.

<b>ABAP can't die because it is the eaeist dev tool . It can be easily seen that if you see development cost ABAP development can be completed in less time as compared to Java.</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Guys

regards

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

We are going to have a lot of enhancements in XI with the next release of PI 7.1. It is going to be released in September 2007. Check this weblog for details:

/people/udo.paltzer/blog/2007/04/26/new-sap-netweaver-process-integration-release-planned-for-2007

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Satish

i cant wait for the next release,specially the functionality to by-pass IS and handle large volume of data

regards

ahmad